S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Any loud blow off valves?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 06:02 PM
rs
2nd Gear
Default RE: Any loud blow off valves?

most likely but i dont think hes chipped, but the system is designed to take wat, like 7 psi. if ur pushin 15-17 (or in some cases 20-22 depends if ur hardcore) psi i for one dont want all that pressure back into the system, id blow off some extra pressure. not saying use that as a bov, cuz it aint a bov, its a divertor blow off...

lltek site:

You will decide the pressure level at which excess air will be released and you will set the limits on how much air will be released. You can also adjust the noise level of the "Blow-Off". Every Audi enthusiast's dream has now come true. The ultra-engineered LLTEK D-BOV produces maximum throttle response and power in FULL BLAST mode and with a flick of the wrist, your car can run quiet for street use

Old 03-24-2005, 06:07 PM

yes but since the chip is designed to handle this extra pressure if it doesn't see it I could see there being more of a problem

Old 03-24-2005, 06:25 PM
6th Gear

*ding!

Old 03-24-2005, 06:52 PM
rs
2nd Gear

i hurrr that. i still think the D-BOV is worth the money tho

Old 03-24-2005, 10:05 PM

Jest what would u do in this situation? Have a car with turbos and chipped would u run one of these Valeves. i am no to cars with turbos or at least i hope i will be soon.

Old 03-25-2005, 12:59 AM
1st Gear

Cmon Guys make up some kind of conclusion... some people are saying the diverters/blow offs are bad and some poeple say they are good...
I am thinking about installing GIAC to my S4, so should i get the diverter valve.. or no? or will the chip handle the pressure...

After normal driving with a GIAC do you guys think the turbos will just blow? or do they blow under hard racing conditions. [&:]

Shold i buy some performance mods before the chip... like an exhuast, intake, diverter valves... would this put me in lower risk?

aron-

Old 03-25-2005, 05:41 AM
rs
2nd Gear

that lltek one is a divertor tho, thats why its so good. its for people that demand a divertor but still want that blow off sound. first device i know of its kind to mix both systems

Old 03-25-2005, 12:33 PM
6th Gear

ORIGINAL: apg96

Jest what would u do in this situation? Have a car with turbos and chipped would u run one of these Valeves. i am no to cars with turbos or at least i hope i will be soon.

I would NEVER run any type of BOV in my car. This post is ridiculous. Anyone who argues that a BOV is good for an Audi is not very knowledgeable about what he says. Install the ECU chip, upgrade the diverter valves to OEM 710N, and call it a day.

A chipped ECU is programmed to anticipate the extra gas released from the DV. Venting it to the atmosphere with a BOV will disrupt the ECU's air/fuel calculations and cause the engine to be rich during the period where the BOV is venting.

Old 03-25-2005, 01:30 PM
4th Gear

HKS, heard the HKS blow off valuve in a GST eclipse, the hood was opened and he reved it up, when the blow off valuve went off it woke up my friends parents inside the house.

Old 03-25-2005, 05:56 PM
1st Gear

hahah yeah my friend from school has a 2004 GTI with a HKS BOV,,,, wow you can hear him coming down the street.... its awesome..

OK recap!..
if i get a CHIP it is important for me to get a new aftermarket diverter valve...
what is the best diverter valve out there... i rather get the best diverter valve,, with no BOV, then just have the sound... My friend even told me that this wouldn;t be such a good BOV becuase the adjustable top could shoot off under high PSi's?

does anybody have the lltek.... what does it sound like.?

what is the best PLAIN DIVERTER VALVE that i can get... to release the most pressure

aron-

Quick Reply: Any loud blow off valves?