S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Any loud blow off valves?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 07:14 PM
6th Gear
Default RE: Any loud blow off valves?

Is cost a factor? What are you willing to spend? The 710N valve is like 25 bucks a piece, and will last you a long time. For the price you can't go wrong.

Old 03-25-2005, 10:01 PM
1st Gear

What do you guys think of the Forge 007 diverter valve

http://www.ecstuning.com/stage/edpd/...ategory=Engine

Old 03-25-2005, 11:55 PM
4th Gear

"quote:

ORIGINAL: rs

well when running high pressure, u dont want all that pressure returning into ur system, u could blow something eventaully. theres an exact amount of pressure that should be routed back, no more or less. without some sorta blow off, ur always getting too much pressure back, thats why the d-bov is efficent...."

Haha, where did u make that up at? Why wouldnt you want more air going through? Your turbo will spool faster when there ample air for it. Dont u like to ur turbos to spool fast? Check your $700 cats that your destroying.

Old 03-26-2005, 12:34 AM
1st Gear

Read below.

Old 03-26-2005, 12:39 AM
1st Gear

There is no performance loss/gain with a BOV or a DV, it's just a matter of personal preference and style.

As far as spooling goes, I don't think that the amount of air recirculated would have any noticeable effects.

If you do decide to run BOVs, please be aware that you will run rich. Rich fuel mixtures do have both positive and negative effects so it is up to you to decide if the functionality/practicality of the BOV is right for your car.

Old 03-26-2005, 03:29 PM
rs
2nd Gear

yea but u guys gotta keep in mind, its not blowing off all the pressure. its one thing if it was a bov that blow off all ur pressure, the fact that u could make this thing blow off nothing and make it a divertor with no blow off sound is great. change a setting a lil bit and now u have the blow off sound with no loss in pressure..... we aint talking about no regular bov here...

Old 04-09-2007, 05:19 PM

Honestly, have we got a confident conclusion yet??? How about someone get the system.... run dynos with chipped a4 stock and then with them installed and see if we get a slower pull from the turbo and how it effects torque and horsepower... I just rather have this tested before we just bang on it and garbage the product/idea...

Old 04-09-2007, 05:23 PM
2nd Gear

IT has been tested and why did you bring this post back up !!!!! O NOEEES!!!! hahah

BOV simply make s any stock or chipped S4 runn like Doo Doo Butter..... On the toher hand if YOU MUST HAVE A BOV (cough ricer, cough rice, cough go back to japanese cars cough) then goto some shop and have your car tuned to run a open loop BOV set up.... then MAybe just maybe you can run them and still will put more stress on the turbos because it will need to make up all that boost all over again.

Old 04-10-2007, 11:37 PM
1st Gear

I am not trying to say one thing or the other but when i think about all this my mind comes up with this... you guys let me know what you think. When you are under full boost and you close the throttle all the boost pressure is diverted to the low side of the compressor. For that instant the pressure should be equal on the high and low pressure sides of the turbo thus nothing happens and it slowly comes down in rpms. If you take and blow off the pressure to atmosphere then you are just letting there be a low pressure at inlet of turbo and a high pressure remains untill the pressure is bled off to atmosphere. I would think that there would be no effect at all on turbo if anything slightly easier on it to divert the air back to the low pressure which seemingly would equalize the pressures on inlet and outlet of turbo faster. Is my thinking wrong.IMO i think a little squeak is fun but it gets annoying and I wouldn't want to get wrapped up in the war of who has the loudest blow off valve. Blowing by a little ricer as you here his squawks from shifting fade in the distance seems fun to me.

Old 04-11-2007, 03:37 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: rs
well when running high pressure, u dont want all that pressure returning into ur system, u could blow something eventaully. theres an exact amount of pressure that should be routed back, no more or less. without some sorta blow off, ur always getting too much pressure back, thats why the d-bov is efficent....
BS! Major BS! Do you even know what a closed loop system is? Do you know why some run a DV or a BOV? Do you even know why FI cars have DV's?

Our cars use DV's due to the MAF. The air is metered coming in. So the car add X fuel. When you let off the gas, the DV's open & dump the charge air back into the intake, before the turbo. Then back on the gas, DV's close, and you reuse the air that the DV's dumped, it goes threw the turbo again, and into the cylinders. That's it in a nut shell. There is NOTHING to damage on the intake track by the DV's. The WORST thing that can happen is the DV's pop out of the rubber hose. It just goes into the plastic intake tracks.

Now if you use a BOV, the air is vented outside of the car, & now your car still thinks it has X air, & your car now is sucking in more air (since you vented it) & adds fuel for XY air. So your not running SUPER rich every time you get off & on the gas. This will throw a cel, and can affect LTFT (performance).

The DV's are there to vent pressure & keep the turbo spooling when you let off the gas. With out it, you will stop the turbo from spooling & your throttle response will go to poop.

UNLESS YOU TUNE FOR A BOV YOU CAN NOT RUN IT PROPERLY! Even with the Hybrids you will still be running a little rich. $800 for DV's is JUST DUMB!

Quick Reply: Any loud blow off valves?