S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

B6 and B7 Differences for S4

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 10:25 AM
1st Gear

@marcmo,

Unfortunately, because your Audi was not certified pre-owned, you can not extend the factory warranty.

Audi has a partner who offers many different levels of extended warranties, ranging from power train only all the way up to bumper to bumper. As I posted earlier in the thread, I just bought a 2005.5 with 44000 miles on it, and opted for a 2 year / 27,000 mile bumper to bumper (they give you 13,500 / year), which ran me roughly $3,400. The great thing about this warranty is that I can re-up the warranty when it runs out for the same price that I locked in when I initially bought it. So if I decide to keep this car past two years, I can extend that warranty for up to another 3 years.

Old 11-03-2010, 07:39 PM
3rd Gear

Those warranty prices are wild. I bought my A6 with 37k and now have 178k. Leaving out the performance mods and maintenance, I don't have $4k into it over the six years I owned it and that includes replacing the clutch, flywheel, and alternator.

Old 11-04-2010, 12:55 PM
1st Gear

Thanks for the info, I guess my best bet is to ask at the dealership and see what they say...

Originally Posted by SrK
Hi Marc,

I have looked to do the same before I bought my car.That is buying a uncertified car and purchase extended warranty.
Since I was very happy with the certification on my last car, my immediate response would be to get it from audi. However I have found out that it is not cheap.

I was looking at a 2005.5 S4 with 40K miles and to get bumper to bumper coverage on that car for 4 years 100K miles they asked for 8K. Which didn't make sense at all since it was so expensive. But they have a lot of different options on coverage and milage so you will have to call them and configure it to your liking.

Since your S4 was not certified they might also ask for fees for inspection.

Sorry can't be of too much help... Good luck...

Old 11-04-2010, 12:59 PM
1st Gear

I knew going in that this might be an issue but I was looking at similar cars in terms of miles and model years going for $8K to $10K more in price and it didn't seem worth it. Now a $3,400 with that type of mileage is more like it. I might put 8 to 10K a year on this car, probably less.

So this was extended warranty was something you got through a dealership, correct? What was the name of the partner?

Thanks,

Marc

QUOTE=phaytal;1256226]@marcmo,

Unfortunately, because your Audi was not certified pre-owned, you can not extend the factory warranty.

Audi has a partner who offers many different levels of extended warranties, ranging from power train only all the way up to bumper to bumper. As I posted earlier in the thread, I just bought a 2005.5 with 44000 miles on it, and opted for a 2 year / 27,000 mile bumper to bumper (they give you 13,500 / year), which ran me roughly $3,400. The great thing about this warranty is that I can re-up the warranty when it runs out for the same price that I locked in when I initially bought it. So if I decide to keep this car past two years, I can extend that warranty for up to another 3 years.[/QUOTE]

Old 11-04-2010, 03:17 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by marcmo
I knew going in that this might be an issue but I was looking at similar cars in terms of miles and model years going for $8K to $10K more in price and it didn't seem worth it. Now a $3,400 with that type of mileage is more like it. I might put 8 to 10K a year on this car, probably less.

So this was extended warranty was something you got through a dealership, correct? What was the name of the partner?

Thanks,

Marc
I'll have to look once I get home from the office, but to qualify for this particular aftermarket warranty, I had to buy from an Audi dealership. The price of the warranty is based on the age of the car and the mileage. The higher the mileage, the more the warranty will be.

Also, I had to buy it then and there. If I would have drove off the lot and decided to get it later that day, I would have been **** out of luck.

Old 11-05-2010, 10:59 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by phaytal
I'll have to look once I get home from the office, but to qualify for this particular aftermarket warranty, I had to buy from an Audi dealership. The price of the warranty is based on the age of the car and the mileage. The higher the mileage, the more the warranty will be.

Also, I had to buy it then and there. If I would have drove off the lot and decided to get it later that day, I would have been **** out of luck.
I'd appreciate it but I may be SoL given what you've said.