S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Brake pulsation

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 01:13 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Brake pulsation

I'm glad i have read your post beacause i've just started to have the same problem with my S4 and i havent got a clue what it could be. I only get the pulsating at around 5mph as i'm coming to a stand still, however i have recently had my gators on both sides changed. Would you please let me know if you find out before me and i'll do the same.

Old 08-10-2005, 03:05 PM
2nd Gear

I had my 5k service completed and they checked out the pulsation...said that everything looked ok, nothing out of spec, rotors looked good...

And I have not noticed any pulsation since that time...I now have 7k on the car and the brakes seem smooth and fine. Maybe they adjusted something??? I don't know. Maybe I'm just less sensitive to the pulsation now that I have been driving the car more??

I'll check this weekend when I drive it again.

Jenny - Talking about getting air....I got squeezed off the road and onto a really rough shoulder, over a curb and into a pot hole the other day...man I though I was going to bend a rim, flat a tire and bend something on the left front suspension...what a racket it made.

But the car seems to drive really well....it does seem to have a very slight pull to the left...I checked for any obvious signs of damage, and saw none. I think something must be tweaked, maybe bent or maybe the alignment got knocked out of shape. But I was surprised for how violent the impact was that I didn't destroy something...

Old 08-10-2005, 03:46 PM
2nd Gear

There is an Audi Technical Service Bulliten on S4 brake pulsation...I have it but don't know how to post it here. If anyone wants it send me a pm and I will email to you.