S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Can an S-4 Be modded to perform like an RS-4?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 03:32 AM
1st Gear
Default Can an S-4 Be modded to perform like an RS-4?

I just got an S-4 B-7 and I like the fact that it is not ghetto like the RS-4. But I want the RS-4 performance without the basketball player looking colors, etc.

Not intended to insult RS-4 lovers, just my opinion that dubs and loud colors belong on MTV Raps. Can I mod my S-4 to get it the performance of an RS-4? Anyone have any ideas what that would cost?

[IMG]local://upfiles/16528/8DF4F830952A43A1A9925E4408BA8550.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-29-2006, 03:47 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Can an S-4 Be modded to perform like an RS-4?

What the hell do you have against compton......????
And what do you find gehtto about the RS4????
And why the fukk would you want to turn an s4 into an rs4????

.....lets try to turn a a4 into an s4...Lets try to turn a 330i into a m3....Im sure if you wanted to you could find a really expensive way to do anything you want......so so sure....take a standard b7 or b6 body and take out the engine and drop in the rs4 engine and then replace the clutch and trans and exhaust and replace the wheels, suspension and modify the frame to make it stiffer and then change the interior...or maybe you think that the entire package of the car is not important.....in that case go get a pontiac gto that can outperform an rs4 at half the price and go to town.

Old 03-29-2006, 03:59 AM
3rd Gear

what the **** dude ?

there is nothing 'ghetto' about the RS4 . What colors ? and what ' Bling ' are you talking about ?

You're a tard

Old 03-29-2006, 12:16 PM
1st Gear

Wow...i've never even seen a black person drive an S4, or any other high-end audi ever. and i live in so. florida...and I'll put money on the fact that some ghetto b*st*rd will never even know what an RS4 is....thank God.

Old 03-29-2006, 01:41 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: abacab

What the hell do you have against compton......????
And what do you find gehtto about the RS4????
And why the fukk would you want to turn an s4 into an rs4????

.....lets try to turn a a4 into an s4...Lets try to turn a 330i into a m3....Im sure if you wanted to you could find a really expensive way to do anything you want......so so sure....take a standard b7 or b6 body and take out the engine and drop in the rs4 engine and then replace the clutch and trans and exhaust and replace the wheels, suspension and modify the frame to make it stiffer and then change the interior...or maybe you think that the entire package of the car is not important.....in that case go get a pontiac gto that can outperform an rs4 at half the price and go to town.

Objection. Misstates the question. Assumes facts not in evidence. Argumentative. I want the performance of the RS-4 without the loud colors. And MTV Raps is great if your a basketball player with an escalade and big fat dubs. just not for me. I was only commenting that the RS-4 has ugly colors so far, that's all. And I was careful to say it was just my opinion. Wasn't trying to invite a flame wolfpack.
BTW what is the diff between engines, I am simply trying to learn a little bit of info.

Old 03-29-2006, 02:26 PM
2nd Gear

Ok...I was pretty drunk when I wrote that last night....so I will back down on the flames...
Of course it is only your opinion....

But I think you should really back away from the compton refrences. Picking out a couple of personal observations and then assigning those characteristics to the population of the entire city......not what I would consider a good move.

Ok...back you your question.

RS4 engine is based on the same 4.2 v8, but it uses FSI injection system, and has a redline of 8250...not sure if the compression ratio is changed. It makes 420hp/317lb torque. I don't know of any mods you can do on the s4 engine to get to 420.

It also is about 200lb lighter, and sits slightly lower. Not sure if the brakes are larger or not, but I would expect that they are. Not sure if they changed the tranny or not, but I would expect a different clutch.

It has the upgraded torsen box for putting more power to the rear wheels....not sure if that is already standard on the b7 s4, but it might be.

I think those are the major differences.

Old 03-29-2006, 02:33 PM
1st Gear

Cool.

Old 03-29-2006, 02:45 PM
6th Gear

The RS4 has a totally new FSI engine. What loud colors are you talking about? You can order the car in any color you want! Dubs? Huh??? What aren't RS4 wheels something like 18"s???

Old 03-29-2006, 04:22 PM
1st Gear

lol. i wasn;t saying RS-4 wheels are dubs, I was just comparing loud colors to dubs. I was not aware that RS-4 could come in any color. So far I have seen only ugly orange and stuff. Thanks for the education.

Old 03-29-2006, 04:24 PM
2nd Gear

The rs4 wheels are killer good looking...and they are 18s

Quick Reply: Can an S-4 Be modded to perform like an RS-4?