S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Changed from APR Stage 3 to VAST performance Stage 3 results inside, Video as well

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 08:01 PM
1st Gear
Default Changed from APR Stage 3 to VAST performance Stage 3 results inside, Video as well

Hey guys, just wanted to share the latest progress with my car. I was getting sick and tired of my car being a lot slower in the warmer CA weather. I also wanted a setup that was friendlier to tweaking. So I decided to switch to http://VASTperformance.com 'ssetup for my car.

Here is a video of a before and after at the same track 2 weeks apart, identical weather, open dumps and 110 octane fuel. http://audishifter.com/videos/Jaybqu...vs_VASTweb.wmv

If you care to verify my claims on the identical weather.

Weather with the APR setup. http://www.wunderground.com/history/...q_statename=NA

Weather with the VAST setup. http://www.wunderground.com/history/...q_statename=NA

Here is my OLD setup.
Engine Mods: KO4 Turbos - APR Stage 3+ switch chip - RS4 MAF RS4 Intercoolers - RS4 Injectors - RS4 Airbox - RS4 Throttle Body - Ported Heads - RS4 Cams - Baileys Diverter Valves - APR Y-pipe - APR 2.25" Exhaust - APR Down Pipes
Other Mods: JHM "solid" short throw shifter - VAST RS4 Clutch with a Kevlar Disc - AWE Lighweight flywheel - AWE Drive Line Stablizer - StopTech Big Brakes - Volks Racing LE37 18" rims w 225/40/R18 Kuhmo MXs - H&R springs - Bilstein shocks and struts - LLTek Rear Spoiler - RSR front bumper - Fiber Images Carbon Fiber Hood - Custom Stereo Enclosure w JL 10s and MB Quart speakers - Boost Guage - Aluminum Dash Trim Kit.

These are the only changes made to the above setup.
VAST Performance custom tuning (GIAC X chip, MBC, TCD, Custom Hitachi MAF w RS4 housing and 24 p.s.i on Race Gas) - VAST intake spacers

Mike and Kurt are the most knowledgeable people I have met in the Audi performance community thus far. Their customer service is very personal and unmatched. I know that Kurt has spent countless hours flow testing the different turbos for our cars. That is how I am able to run higher boost. He knows the dynamics of our turbos and heads like no one else I have talked to. I should be able to get up to 26 p.s.i on race gas only of course once the tune is all worked out.

Timeslips
APR

VAST

Old 03-29-2007, 01:28 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Changed from APR Stage 3 to VAST performance Stage 3 results inside, Video as well

Thanks

Old 03-29-2007, 02:21 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Changed from APR Stage 3 to VAST performance Stage 3 results inside, Video as well

Wow, i need to start upgrading the wagon.

Old 03-29-2007, 02:55 PM
Site Moderator/Ninja

Was a beast before.. now its even more of a beast..

Old 03-29-2007, 03:24 PM
3rd Gear

Now i read a article that my 2.7 was detuned for the allroad. Is this true and if i upgraded turbos and chip and exhaust, will i be hitting low 13's you think?

Old 03-29-2007, 03:56 PM

That's haulin ***, nice job.

Old 03-29-2007, 03:56 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: myaudi98

Now i read a article that my 2.7 was detuned for the allroad. Is this true and if i upgraded turbos and chip and exhaust, will i be hitting low 13's you think?
Not sure about that but I wouldn't be surprised. It is very possible. VAST has an A6 tip with K03s running low 13s at the strip. Of course they were probably pushing its limits but impressive none the less.

Old 03-29-2007, 04:12 PM
3rd Gear

Well i want to see what it will do with the chip and exhaust, possible the downpipes as well. I have a 6 speed too so might run better. Just a damn heavy car!

Nice runs though... talk about shifting fast!

Old 03-29-2007, 07:49 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: myaudi98

Well i want to see what it will do with the chip and exhaust, possible the downpipes as well. I have a 6 speed too so might run better. Just a damn heavy car!

Nice runs though... talk about shifting fast!
No man, here is me powershifting on a previous day.These shifts are even faster. http://audishifter.com/videos/Jaybqu...ifting_web.wmv

Old 03-30-2007, 10:01 AM
1st Gear

Wow Jay,

Super impressive. I have to agree with you the guys at vast definitely have shown me that they are much deeper into the performance and customer service side than the money aspect. As for the performance side you are really looking good 11's that is impressive. Keep us posted I would love to here how fast it is once the tuning is all done.

Quick Reply: Changed from APR Stage 3 to VAST performance Stage 3 results inside, Video as well