S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

dual fmic really work?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 10:51 PM
Default RE: dual fmic really work?

No, I was a sponsorship when they first started and they use my car for marketing. The owners cool, his name is Jonathan. Just tell him I reffered you. Yea, no need to upgrade the bumper, you would be surprised at how much room there is.

Old 02-27-2007, 12:15 AM
1st Gear

i went with the rs4 front bumpe and it had to be cut to fit the front mount the thing is freaking huge lol. the mods i have is pretty much all rs4 stuff except for cams. and then i have some custom stuff done on the inside ill be putting up a post with a bunch of pictures and stuff now that i finally have the car back im just waiting for all the snow to clear her in nj

Old 02-27-2007, 04:17 PM
1st Gear

for those who have the fmic, can you paint it? cause i wanted to paint it black so it blends in more

Old 02-27-2007, 04:58 PM

Sweet sj, let us know how it runs. Euro, if you color it black, I would recommend using quality paint like automotive paint. It shouldn't hinder its performance much if at all. Actually, black would look sweet, the stealth look! Get some photos posted so we can take a look when you get it installed.

Old 02-27-2007, 08:35 PM
1st Gear

alright cool

Old 02-28-2007, 07:37 PM
1st Gear

also if anyone has the kit intsalled or any fmic post up the pics so we can see them!!

Old 02-28-2007, 11:25 PM
1st Gear

i've got the Racetec fmic. A bit different than the othersbecause its not an X flow, but more like 2 sidemounts welded together. here, take a look.

Old 03-28-2008, 02:18 AM
1st Gear

Hi guys,

What about the front fan of the air conditionning??

I'm installing my FMIC ... and I think I have to put out the fan but shall the air conditionning continues to work if I cut the electric string? ... no error lights?

I hope you understand, I'm french !

THANKS !

Old 03-28-2008, 02:33 AM
4th Gear

The fan for the AC and everything is on the other side of the radiator. You shouldn't have any problems.

The one thing I don't like about the FMIC on the S4 is that you have to cut up the front of the bumper so much to get it to work right I don't like that look at all... because of this I will be keeping my SMIC's and upgrading those.

Josh

Old 03-28-2008, 10:37 AM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: ThePaintballGuy

The fan for the AC and everything is on the other side of the radiator. You shouldn't have any problems.

The one thing I don't like about the FMIC on the S4 is that you have to cut up the front of the bumper so much to get it to work right I don't like that look at all... because of this I will be keeping my SMIC's and upgrading those.

Josh
I believe they also sell Electric fan kits. I agree with josh about modifying the bumper, although with some SMIC's there is cutting too. Most FMIC's are showing results comparable to the high end SMIC kits.
JHM will be releasing a FMIC kit in a couple months with full instructions, mounting brackets, and charge pipes, At around $600 its half the price of competition.

Quick Reply: dual fmic really work?