S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Giac and Boost Gauge

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 12:50 AM
Default Giac and Boost Gauge

Hello,
I have recently been in contact with the guys at AWE-Tuning. I have a date set in early December to get a GIAC chip and (most likely) vent boost gauge installed. They are quite pricey for the installation of the gauge, but I am not too concerned about that. My questions are...

Along with the GIAC chip, should I go with the boost gauge or DV's? (I will

What did you guys pay for installtion on DV's and vent mount boost gauge?

-Thanks, Derek.

p.s. I am located in the philly area so if you guys have experience with other shops let me know...

Old 10-18-2006, 01:56 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Giac and Boost Gauge

AWE is the best of the best in my opinion. They are really expensive but your deffinitly getting what you paid for. Ur gona need dv's after u chip it so you prolly want to do that.

Old 10-18-2006, 02:40 AM

Oh I am defintely going to AWE. I have an appointment all set up. I was just wondering if I should get a boost gauge or DV's, they are both around the same price so I want to base my decision on whats better for the car...either way I will have the DV's and the gauge, just one at a time.

-Derek

Old 10-18-2006, 02:42 AM
2nd Gear

.... what? Do you have any idea how easy it is to install that stuff?

Old 10-18-2006, 04:04 AM
Site Moderator

yeah..the boost gauge is a pretty easy DIY install..i suggest you just try doing it yourself..you cant really screw anything up and learn a few things

Old 10-18-2006, 04:06 AM
Site Moderator/Ninja

Woooot Finally our moderator has arrived!!!
grats...& another new avatar....[:-] (u must have a seperate hard drive loaded w/ those things)

Old 10-18-2006, 04:16 AM
Site Moderator

lol. thanks. Did you see the last one with the carrot, banana, etc.. i didnt have that one on very long.. wish the upload size was a bit bigger, i had some pretty good ones that were too big.

Old 10-18-2006, 04:25 AM
Site Moderator/Ninja

no.. u shuffle through them too fast

I think last I recall was the pushups...

Old 10-18-2006, 10:41 AM
1st Gear

Honestly, install your own DV's. That is amazingly simple. And, check the status of your TBB while you are in there. That's a bit more technical (not much at all). If you are technically inclined at all, you can handle it. Plus, there is a tech article in audiworld's tech section on TBB installation.

The boost gauge is also easy, but requires some drilling into your car, removal of knee bolster, etc. Again, AWE's website has step by step instructions. This would be the most technical of the installs. You should not get quoted more than 1 hour of labor from a shop though (I think I was quoted $60) before I did it myself.

Good luck.

Old 10-18-2006, 03:42 PM

Alright well I'd love to do the install myself, however being at school and a lonngg way from home it would be difficult for me to get the tools of the trade in order to properly do any installs. I am also not the most mechanically or technically suave person. I'll check out some DIY pages and see if it is feasable. On a side note...did any of you mention DV's before gauge or gauge before DV's?

Chip and DV's
or
Chip and Boost Gauge

which one fellas?

-Derek

Quick Reply: Giac and Boost Gauge