S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Greddy Turbo Timer

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 02:27 PM
1st Gear
Default Greddy Turbo Timer

I have been reading all over the forums and it seems the consensus is that a Greddy Trubo Timer when installed should not affect the factory alarm system. I got one installed the other day (The girl hates to wait while I let the car run when we go out) and feel / know that some things have been done in error.

Here is what happens.

1. The car is now able to be started when turning the key backwards in the ignition !! (very strange)

2. If the car is idleing on the timer with no key in the ignition and you engage the clutch the car starts rolling the starter....it should kill correct??

3. You cannot lock or engage the alarm when the car is idleing on the Turbo Timer. I know this is the case with some cars, but most said the S4 could. Also if this is the normal working condition is there a way to enable your alarm to be engaged (either via a different install of timer or otherwise) while your car is idleing through the timer.

Thanks for your help.

Old 03-03-2006, 02:00 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Greddy Turbo Timer

you should be able to use your factory alarm with the timer on.

Old 03-03-2006, 10:39 AM
1st Gear

You dont need one. Yes you do. It doesnt matter. You want your turbos to blow, fine. No they wont. Its cool to walk away from your car while its running. Not too cool having blown turbos is it tough guy. Just get 710ns and save the money. Suck my F hose.

Good Day.

Old 03-03-2006, 02:32 PM
1st Gear

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Well that is stupid and childish post.

You dont need one.

I am assuming this in reference to the timer, yes I know I don't need one. I have always sat in my car for a couple minutes after driving, but the girl hates that ****. So I have 2 options. Find another girl because she doesn't understand how a car works, or buy a turbo timer and save me the hassel.....hmmm I wonder which sounds better

Yes you do. It doesnt matter.

I am guessing this is just some sarcastic mumble to try to make me feel stupid for wanting a timer.....

You want your turbos to blow, fine. No they wont. Its cool to walk away from your car while its running.

Obviously I am attempting to protect the turbos without the cost of my convience. And yes it would be cool to walk away from the car when it is running, its not like you can lock your vehicle (as long as central locking isn't fucked ), not to mention the car will kill if you try to move it or disengage the Parking brake while on the timer....I know this is heresy I speak of!!

Not too cool having blown turbos is it tough guy

It probably isn't thus the reason for the timer so I have time to save for the K04 kit.

Just get 710ns and save the money.

Already done better Stratmosphere DV's...... why do that?? Because I got 2 for 1 cheaply and they have the best response. If you are gonna do something might as well do it right.

Suck my F hose.

My car has no F-hose (none it 2001.5) so I would say suck mine right back but it just can't happen, I am sorry for the letdown.

BTW Thanks for the non helpful, unintellegent post. If you were intending to have a different result with it and I mistook your post I apologize in advance.

Good Day.

Old 03-03-2006, 07:15 PM
1st Gear

Well that isI am assuming this in reference to the timer, yes I know I don't need one. I have always sat in my car for a couple minutes after driving, but the girl hates that ****.

And you said my post was unintellegent.

Which is it, you need one or you dont??

BTW, I was just having a little fun. Cant really take it too serious as there are little discussions on the forum related to anything much more than BOVs and eyelids.

All said, I didnt post to make you feel stupid for wanting a turbo timer.

I think it does say something if in fact, you do feel stupid for wanting one though. Perhaps, after all, you dont need one???

Old 03-03-2006, 07:22 PM
1st Gear

No I dont feel stupid. Yes I want a Turbo Timer (already installed actually). Yes I realize that it is not needed.

But then again I don't need alot of things that I have, though they do add both value and convience.

I understand wanting to have fun, and honestly was not offended, but I also feel that I am too affored the luxury of having a bit of fun with your post in rebuttle. I am sure you understand.

Good day!

Old 03-26-2006, 10:45 PM
1st Gear

I INSTALLED A GREDDY TURBO TIMER IN MY CAR IN A MATTER OF 1 1/2 HOURS AND HAVE NONE OF YOUR PROBLEMS HOWEVER THE FACTORY ALARM WILL NOT SET IF THE ENGINE IS RUNNING! NOT POSSIBLE UNLESS YOU OVERIDE IT . THAT IS OVER MY HEAD ! POINT BEING THE TURBO TIMER IS INSTALLED WRONG.

Old 03-26-2006, 10:45 PM
1st Gear

I INSTALLED A GREDDY TURBO TIMER IN MY CAR IN A MATTER OF 1 1/2 HOURS AND HAVE NONE OF YOUR PROBLEMS HOWEVER THE FACTORY ALARM WILL NOT SET IF THE ENGINE IS RUNNING! NOT POSSIBLE UNLESS YOU OVERIDE IT . THAT IS OVER MY HEAD ! POINT BEING THE TURBO TIMER IS INSTALLED WRONG.

Old 03-27-2006, 02:00 PM
1st Gear

I got it all working. Jumpered the central lock system, all other errors were basically due to a bad sensor. The car will lock with engine in idle, and the speed wire is now hooked up as well. Now I just need to figure out how to set the RPMs for whatever reason when i program it it still does not read right. But as far as functionality we are good to go.