S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Gutted Downpipes...

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 09:46 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Gutted Downpipes...

ORIGINAL: Baskin 4.2l
Not to sound like soap box preacher. but they (piggies) never have any issues with a CEL or cars running rich and sputtering. Every time I see some one saying how easy it sounds and how they did it there self I also see them saying how they have an issue. They might just gut and replace but apparently there is a right way and a wrong way to do it.
It has everything to do with relocating the secondary O2's. Most people don't move them, so they get the CEL, if you put the O2's post cat, you should not receive a cel.

Old 07-01-2007, 12:12 AM
1st Gear

Exactly my point. There is a right way and a wrong way. People make it sound so simple even the placement post cat has to be done in the proper location or you will see a code.

In the end to me for the money (not saying this is true for all) I would set my ego aside and let some one that has probably made thousands of Dp's do the mod for me.

As I was saying I always see people that think it is so easy have issues.

Old 07-02-2007, 12:34 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Dr.S4

ORIGINAL: RAudi Driver

ORIGINAL: oooos4

OK... I have had bad luck with posting on my forum... Either there isn't anybody that can help me or you ladies just HATE me...

Whatever... I'm gonna give it another shot...

I recently took off my downpipes to take off my Tranny for a clutch replace... So i decided to gut my downpipes... But why stop there... I decided to go the extra mile and remove the main cats too... So How can I get my car to run right and not have a CEL...???
Why stop at the main cats? Why don't you just drain your old motor oil right into the ground. Heck, why even stop there. Go the extra mile and doanything else you can to ruin the Earth.

You deserve a check engine light you . Put your cats back on and be responsible to your environment.

Have u done ani mods to u car?
Yes, but I'm still running cats. It's a really big fine here in California.

Old 07-02-2007, 05:09 PM
1st Gear

Sorry about that Baskin... I guess I just missunderstood you..

Ok... So i put them back in a while back now... And I have one word of advice... When you relocate the O2 sensor... Make sure you make them facing up a little bit... Mine are facing each other and are pretty much on top of each other... but other than that it worked great... I left the main cats on... No CEL... YAY... FEELS great...

It doesn't sound ANY louder though... i'm sad... I'm thinking about taking out one of the 2 resonaters purly for sound... Any advice... i know it shouldn't give hp... And pretty much does nothing for smog... Will it sound decent???

Hey Sk 24....I was in Tacoma last week... I didn't know you lived there until I got back to fresno... You didn't see a Black S4 with a bunch of BLUE tape did you???

Old 07-02-2007, 09:52 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: oooos4
It doesn't sound ANY louder though... i'm sad... I'm thinking about taking out one of the 2 resonaters purly for sound... Any advice... i know it shouldn't give hp... And pretty much does nothing for smog... Will it sound decent???

Hey Sk 24....I was in Tacoma last week... I didn't know you lived there until I got back to fresno... You didn't see a Black S4 with a bunch of BLUE tape did you???
It will be a little louder, but IMHO, you might at well upgrade to a cat back, the Vibrant one is only like $650, & sounds great.

No, didn't see any Audi with blue tape on it, that would have got my attention, or at least a snicker. [:@]