S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Help me out

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 11:09 PM
Default Help me out

I just found an S4 2000 in my area that has 150,000 miles on it. It was driven by a guys wife. Looks like its in good shape. It has a salvage title becuase it was stolen, but recovered. It was supposedly not damaged. Im not sure how much i could get it for, but what would be a good deal? Is 150000 miles pushing it whne it comes to having to replace trans, turbos, etc?

Old 05-02-2007, 02:52 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Help me out

He is LYING TO YOU!! No way does he have a salvage title & there was not damage. You ONLY get a salvage if the insurance company pays out a total loss on the car, meaning, it was MORE money to fix then by it out.

No bank will finance you, & some insurance companies will not insure it.

Old 05-02-2007, 03:54 PM

He is LYING TO YOU!! No way does he have a salvage title & there was not damage. You ONLY get a salvage if the insurance company pays out a total loss on the car, meaning, it was MORE money to fix then by it out.
Not true. Maybe in your state, however there are some states in which a salvage title is issued when a vehicle is listed as stolen. Check out carfax for an explanation of this.

Old 05-02-2007, 06:45 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: Coop
Not true. Maybe in your state, however there are some states in which a salvage title is issued when a vehicle is listed as stolen. Check out carfax for an explanation of this.
Come on, think about it. So your car gets stolen, & nothing is wrong with it, so now it's a salvage title, & your insurance company has to pay out a total loss? A salvage title is ONLY issued after a total lose pay out & the damage has been repaired. Not all states have the same way to get a salvage title, & not all total loss cars are salvage. But if the car has a salvage title, there has been totaled by the insurance company. That really doesn't change much state to state.

I looked at carfax, there was nothing in there that states that cars are declared salvage after a theft. Insurances companies would not deal with that type of law, WAY to may pay-outs, & way to easy to get out from under your car.

In the end, any car only gets a salvage title, after the insurance company has declared it a total loss, & the car has been repaired.

Old 05-02-2007, 06:52 PM

I would stay away from S4's with 150,000 miles especially ones without a clean title.

Old 05-02-2007, 07:45 PM
SoCal Crew Member

5-7K.... if it's really clean.... depends on what your ultimate goals are with this car.... do you want to make it fast? planning on upgrading the turbo's?