S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

help - my rsn-e won't play long sdcard files

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 09:38 AM
1st Gear
Default help - my rsn-e won't play long sdcard files

once again i'm having trouble getting my RSNE mp3 player to play certain files i've burned to it. Here is the problem:

I have some 4 hour audio files (old stern show from sirius sat rad on my hardrive at home) that i burn onto my 2 GB SD card. In the past, they've all worked. Now, despite making sure the filename is shortened, they won't play. I see them show up on the NavScreen thing inside my car, but they only show the filename for a split second, then it jumps to the next file, and then jumps to a song that is on the SD card that it will play.

So it is burnt onto the card, that is for sure.

The car radio can see the card and the file, but then skips right past it.

I did change the filename to a shorter filename, so that isn't the issue

I've tried using winamp and itunes to change the ID3 tag to v1.0 and v1.1, but that doesn't seem to work either.

Any advice on why this won't work?

I've tried it with 2 different 2 GB SD cards and had the same problem.

These are mp3 files that i've burnt, long 4 hour mp3 files, and they've worked in the past.

Sometimes it reads and plays them, sometimes it doesn't.

Can't figure out why? I suspect it has something to do with the id3 tags, but i'm not too smart in this department.

thanks in advance for trying to help.

Bob

Old 12-17-2008, 11:01 AM
1st Gear

bump...anybody got any ideas?

Old 12-28-2008, 12:03 PM
1st Gear

I wonder if there is a length threshold that the RSN-E will play vs. not play? (Just musing out loud here... i don't have an RSN-E, but am going to get one in the future, and have a lot of long techno shows, so this would be a deal breaker for me).

Maybe try cutting copies of the show into 30 minute, 45 minute, 1hr, etc, etc, up to the full 4 hour show and putting that on your SD and see which ones the RSN-E recognizes and which ones it doesn't? That would at least rule out whether or not there is a length-limit to the mp3 files...

Good luck!