S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Holy Hell Holy Hell!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 03:42 AM
Unhappy Holy Hell Holy Hell!!!!

Plz Plz PLz HELP
i started my car (00 s4) tongiht and it started to sputter went around the car no flat tires no nothing smelled the exhaust and it smelled like i was burning staright alcohol????? Well it continued to sputter and when i went to drive it shook and shook and shook the entire car baddddd. I got home called my buddu and i took him for a ride cuz hes a mechanic well kinda anyways he notice that my boost gauge wehn i put it to the floor went up to where it was supposed around 20-24 pounds to and then started to rapidly fall talking way up then way fast down. I think i already had some bad catylitic converters so i know that. i have no idea what where hoe when it is i need help plz plz plz
thanks

Old 05-30-2009, 11:56 AM
3rd Gear

Do yourself a favor and STOP driving it.

Get it scanned and go from there.

Old 05-30-2009, 01:33 PM

i stopped driving it thanks but i ran a obd and got a p0300 code random misfire but about 15xxx miles ago i changed all the spark plugs

Old 05-30-2009, 04:36 PM
1st Gear

Could be ignition coils, fuel rails (doubt it), or ICMs. I had loss of power and rotten smelling exhaust. What does the engine sound like? If it sounds like a Subaru Impreza then it could be same problem I had.

Old 05-30-2009, 06:31 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by betes
Plz Plz PLz HELP
i started my car (00 s4) tongiht and it started to sputter went around the car no flat tires no nothing smelled the exhaust and it smelled like i was burning staright alcohol????? Well it continued to sputter and when i went to drive it shook and shook and shook the entire car baddddd. I got home called my buddu and i took him for a ride cuz hes a mechanic well kinda anyways he notice that my boost gauge wehn i put it to the floor went up to where it was supposed around 20-24 pounds to and then started to rapidly fall talking way up then way fast down. I think i already had some bad catylitic converters so i know that. i have no idea what where hoe when it is i need help plz plz plz
thanks

You should NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER be running 20-24psi on k03's. Even GIACx should only be spiking down around 18psi. You need to 1. Vagcom the car, and 2. Pressure test becase i bet you popped a boost hose off somewhere and have a MASSIVE boost leak.

Punctuation and breaks in the text help us a little too...

Old 05-30-2009, 10:12 PM
1st Gear

I'll bet a million and one dollars its the Ignition Control Module. Find which cylinders are misfiring and then swap the plugs on the ICMs and see if the other cylinders are misfiring. OR ITS A BOOST LEAK!!!!!!!! Which means STOP DRIVING IT!!!! and there is a guy selling a ICM in the classifieds if you end up needing one...

Old 05-31-2009, 12:48 PM
1st Gear

If you pop the hood and smell gas, its a bad ignition coil. I know from experience that the car sputters like crazy when trying to drive it with a bad coil. It could also be a bad MAF sensor. The way to tell is when you press the gas and the car just immediately cuts out...like someone just floored it and hit the brake at the same time. The problem might also be the throttlebody boot. There could be a slight tear or a bad clamp holding it in place. They tend to do that sometimes. Personally, I think its a coil but dont quote me.

Old 05-31-2009, 06:01 PM
2nd Gear

could be icm as well.. if its running super horribly then you may only have 3 cylinders running..

Old 06-01-2009, 08:52 PM
2nd Gear

wow you're running 20+psi on K03's? how long have you been running like that? thats kinda impressive.

Old 06-02-2009, 12:08 AM
1st Gear

I say either ICM or coils.

Quick Reply: Holy Hell Holy Hell!!!!