S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

ImoliaS4 or anyone who can help...

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 01:03 PM
1st Gear
Default ImoliaS4 or anyone who can help...

ImoliaS4 or anyone who can help...

I saw your responses to the S4 owners Blown turbo question. So here goes..

I have a 2001 S4, Bought it with 58K milles, CPO. The only issue I had with it was a Bad O2 sensor and something called a Final output sensor the dealer fixed. No issues after that, but I bought a VAG so I could keep track of any issue the car had it for a month after they fixed it it had no issues. At that point I decided to get the GIAC Chip, and since the car was old I had them add Bailey Diverter valves. It ran like a freaking champ for about 8 weeks, I noticed a slight drop in perfromance over the past couple of weeks now. I was not sure how sensitive this car is to Heat, as it is much hotter in NJ now than it was when I had the chip put in. In the past week I have noticed a differnce in the sound from the Engine. I hear a slightly louder Turbo Whine than before, it is not crazy loud and I am not sure if it sounds more like a drill or a whirling sound (Not sure what that is). It seems to have more Turbo Lag at the lower end than it use too and a slight hesitation during full acceleration somewhere in the 4000 RPM range. A lower drone can be heard at low RPM as well. I get zero codes on the VAG btw..

BTW if I go back to Stock chip mode it is not as loud. So sorry for the long setup here are my questions...

1.) I have VAG, so what can I do to test Boost pressure? Specifically what would I do inside VAg to test Boost? Bar? ETC and what am I looking for.
2.) Is it possible it is a boost leak making this noise?
3.) How do you "Service" Diverter valves? I saw someone mention that...

Thanks for any help!

James

Old 07-27-2006, 10:33 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: ImoliaS4 or anyone who can help...

Its been awhile since ImolaS4 was on the forum - had a quick word with him recently and here is what he has to say:

"I haven't been on Audiforums for a long time. If you want to have some fun with the guys there, tell them you spoke with me via email and watch the response you get from some of the old timers on the forum. Go to the "S Car Model Line" and tell them "No, he's not dead; No, he's not in jail; No, he's not in the witness protection plan. He's just busy with work and his new life." Tell them I said "Hello" and that the Yellow Dragon and I are doing well.
Best,
ImolaS4

Only thing i will comment on is the DV's, coz with the Baileys/Forge or any of the piston DV's need to be lubricated perodically and cleaned
I went for the 710N coz i dnt have to service them

Keep us posted on the Turbos/weird noise