S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

lift points and other ??

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 03:02 AM
1st Gear
Default lift points and other ??

Hi,
I have an s6 that is in need of some repair, I'm not sure where to lift the car to get under and see just how much repair. Hoping for a single front and a single rear lift point, is there a safe lift point front and rear? More questiions to come. Later.....
dc

Old 07-18-2007, 07:49 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: lift points and other ??

are you for real????

Old 07-18-2007, 09:16 AM
1st Gear

It may sound like a weird question, but I didn't have any owner's manual with my vehicle and I was in a position to have to use the car jack.

Well, it wasn't very clear is all I can say. Especially trying to find it at night on a dark street...

Anyway, to answer the question, anything that is part of the main chasis should do.

Old 07-19-2007, 04:31 AM
1st Gear

Am I for real? Not sure, how to answer that one. I think I am, but then is anything really real or is all just make believe and delusion. The question was for real, don't want to try to lift the car without knowing where it is meant to be lifted. I spent a few years fixing what fools did without a clue. I prefer not to be the fool if possible. I bought the s6 that was on ebay a few weeks, months ago. Had some issues with the undercarriage, looks like some fool put it on top of a fairly large object. The engine is a little crooked and the driver side front wheel is a little pushed back, no driveshaft, etc. It will be an interesting project. I took the one dent out of the front fender and now it looks pretty good, but the issues will take some time. Sedan and Avant driveshaft the same? Found a crashed sedan, hoping it can provide the parts I need. Anybody know about interchange between the two? Please forgive newbie questions but this is the first German car I've done in a very long time and while I might be able to answer questions about oldItalian stuff this "new" German car is well past my personel cut-off date and beyond my expierence as well. I retired from a restoration business which specialized in French and Italian cars and bikes from the 20's to the 70'sabout a decade ago when my grandkids were born. Sorry, if I insulted someone with my ignorance but when you are ignorant what else can you do. Later.....
dc

Old 07-21-2007, 02:11 AM
2nd Gear

Like most cars, I would recommend the frame

Old 07-21-2007, 05:55 AM

# best to be safe than dead

[IMG]local://upfiles/12092/8FE981EA144C421AA03044705F2BAB99.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-21-2007, 12:58 PM
2nd Gear

nice pic avant80; very cut and dried.

the saloon and the avant should be the same drive line, the only differencein cars that i've heardof is theslightly beefier suspension towers in the rear of the avant due to added weight, otherwise the cars should be identical under the skin.

did the seller inform you of the damage? that sounds like it will run you a few grand just to get the car back to norm, i just hope he gave you a good deal for the work you have ahead.