S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Lots of Oil In Drivers Side Intercooler?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 12:32 PM
1st Gear
Default Lots of Oil In Drivers Side Intercooler?

im in the middle of a TB job and with the front end off ive been doing some serious detailing when i took off the intake piping i noticed some oil it got worse the further i went toward the turbo the more oil it wasnt a lot but there was definatly more on the drivers side a catch can system and bad PCV was mentioned in a previous thread but im starting to think something serious is wrong. any ideas?

Old 03-31-2008, 02:52 PM
Default RE: Lots of Oil In Drivers Side Intercooler?

its not just coated with oil, but alot? And one side more than the other? Because we all have oil there, it may have just happened at once and now it would be back to its steady progession of a slow flow, or its naturally drawn there on yours because thats where all our oil parts are (filter, cooler) I believe it differs with every car where its attracted more, things such as parking on a hill or angle more often than others plays a huge part with such small amounts of oil that passes. Flat areas of FL. And CA S4's will differ from the CO. and PA people where theirs is distributed. Am I making sense? If you see oil ANYWHERE else then be concerned.