S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Omfg !!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 11:29 PM
1st Gear
Default Omfg !!!!!!!!

My 2005 S4 that I posted on in the misfire post has gone ballistic on me. I was headed to the shop a little while ago when BAM the damn thing just completely died. Still had power to all components, wipers, lights etc.. Car stopped in the middle of the road. I attempted to restart, nothing. Will crank but will not start. Had my DDT with me and hooked it up. Every code relating to an ECM failure appeared, cam sensor, crank sensor, multiple ECM failure codes and the #5 coil codes (misfire) of course. I wonder if the CKP became disconnected while driving. I'm not going to go and look in 4 inches of snow though. I'll wait till tomorrow.

This SUX.

Old 03-12-2009, 11:42 PM

Sry to hear man, hey it could be worse, at least you didnt have a 96 a4 2.8 5spd catch fire in your garage and burn your garage and half of your families home down. :/

Old 03-14-2009, 01:08 PM
1st Gear

Oh, man that really sucks, that would really top off ones week.

Old 03-14-2009, 03:54 PM
1st Gear

Keep us posted. Just keep your fingers crossed that you didn't have a bad tensioner on your timing chain. These motors are common for dropping valves or having the valve extend too far and they can hit a piston and cause misfires.

The more common issue is going to be the coil packs for misfire. What is the color of your coil pack?

If you can get the actual codes that would be more helpful. But either way definitely get it to the dealer ASAP if you are still under warranty. If you have a cam and crank sensor issue and you try to start or run the car that is NOT GOOD

Old 03-15-2009, 12:08 AM
1st Gear

I'm HP boat mechanic and I think I could tell on my Audi whether it dropped a valve or damaged a piston just by the sound. I don't think that happend the shut down was to quiet and not an abrupt thing at all, I've done that in Porsche's, it just turned itself off just like you had pulled the CKP out. The code that preceded the failure was P0305 Cylinder misfire which started about 6 hours previous to the all out failure, after I filled up.

Then as I was headed to my shop to try to get a better idea the car just quit. I pulled the remainder of codes and the following are what came up:

P0355 Ign Coil Malf.
P0688 ECM Relay
P2088 Cam Postion A Bank
P2092 Cam Postion B Bank
P0600 Serial Comm Link
and of course:
P0305 Cylinder #5 Misfire

Old 03-15-2009, 12:46 AM

how did your a4 catch on fire?

Old 03-15-2009, 01:57 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Trippin
I'm HP boat mechanic and I think I could tell on my Audi whether it dropped a valve or damaged a piston just by the sound. I don't think that happend the shut down was to quiet and not an abrupt thing at all, I've done that in Porsche's, it just turned itself off just like you had pulled the CKP out. The code that preceded the failure was P0305 Cylinder misfire which started about 6 hours previous to the all out failure, after I filled up.

Then as I was headed to my shop to try to get a better idea the car just quit. I pulled the remainder of codes and the following are what came up:

P0355 Ign Coil Malf.
P0688 ECM Relay
P2088 Cam Postion A Bank
P2092 Cam Postion B Bank
P0600 Serial Comm Link
and of course:
P0305 Cylinder #5 Misfire
Ya but some times the Valves don't drop they just hit. This is common. The aftermath is missifres. You will know more when you look but when they hit the can throw the cams off cause they all run on a chain. The ECM relay is odd. Possibly just needs to get reset and the cams to find there place.

Keep us posted

Old 03-15-2009, 12:39 PM
1st Gear

The car has 32000 miles on it. It is up at Audi of Lexington now, I expect to hear something first of the week.

Old 03-15-2009, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by bottlecap
how did your a4 catch on fire?
Not sure the fire dept. said it was an electrical fire. i had not drivin it in a month or so. so i took it for a good 35 mile ride, i got home put it in the garage, went inside and made myself a sandwich for lunch. all of a sudden like 5 min later smoke was filling in the kitchen, i thought i left the panini press thing on. it was comming through the garage door i opened it up. my hood was smoking so i poped the hood, as soon is i opened it, it burst into flames. i ran inside grabbed the fire extinguisher, of coarse it was empty! i ran next door to the neighbors to ask to use theirs. they wouldnt let me cause they thought it was too dangerous, wich at that time it wasnti could have saved my car and my garage and half the house. it was a mess, it was bad explosion when the gas tanks and extra gas holders for the lawn mower blew up . it was crazy the neighbors wouldnt let me back in, i was pissed hopelessly watching my car, and house burn. the car was black, when they pulled it out all the paint was melted off it was all gutted just metal silver. and of course i was the onlyone home

i got second degree burns all over the palm of my one hand when i slammed the hood down after i opened it.
and of coarse there are a million things i should have done different. when i saw the smoke i should have immediatly threw it out of gear and rolled it out of the garage. or insist that my neigbor give me the extinguisher

Last edited by Yesmar; 03-15-2009 at 06:00 PM.
Old 03-15-2009, 07:51 PM

your neighbor is a dick

Quick Reply: Omfg !!!!!!!!