S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

opinions on my stereo/gauges setup

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 02:08 PM
1st Gear
Default opinions on my stereo/gauges setup

Hey everyone. I am replacing my whole stereo setup with new speakers, all new wiring, amps, head unit and sub(may need 2). Any how I am wondering what you guys think o my stereo location with what I do with extra space. I can fit 3 2" gauges above the cd player and I would tilt them to face driver a bit better, or I could put a tray there. I am not a big gauge person but I think it would look nice and take away from the cd player. I would put my boost gauge, a wide band O2, and probably a egt gauge. Or just put a tray there to put my shades in. Give me some feedback guys. This will take me the next 2 weeks probably to complete whole setup cause I am busy but I want to make sure this isn't going to look stupid. Here is pic of the space above cd player.

Old 01-08-2008, 02:33 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: opinions on my stereo/gauges setup

I don't know what to say, it just doesn't look right to me...
Maybe put it in the middle, & can you recess the face plate back a bit?

Old 01-08-2008, 04:36 PM
1st Gear

There is lots of room to push it back in. I may just do it with the gauges and see how i looks and if it looks out of place I will change it. It is hard to picture without the gauges in place. I also think the cd player even with a little tray above it will look out of place. This is why I think the gauges will break it up. Sadly besides an expensive in dash video player there are no good double din players.

Old 01-08-2008, 04:42 PM
1st Gear

I wouldrecess the CD player along with the guages also sound the edges of the plate and find a place that does rubber coating to make it look stock. also I hate to say it but I would use Alpine. I have had them in al my other cars i love em

Old 01-08-2008, 05:00 PM
3rd Gear

Kenwood makes a very nice DD touch screen, & you can add anything you want to it. I got on in the EVO & love it, I got HD radio, Sat radio, Nav, DVD player, 7in touch screen, Bluetooth, & traffic nav.

Old 01-08-2008, 05:28 PM
Site Moderator

What color is the backing gonna be when your done? Are you gonna try and mimic the wood trim color you got going?

Old 01-08-2008, 08:14 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: 2k S4

Kenwood makes a very nice DD touch screen, & you can add anything you want to it. I got on in the EVO & love it, I got HD radio, Sat radio, Nav, DVD player, 7in touch screen, Bluetooth, & traffic nav.
+1

If you want to fill in the area to make it look like it fits in more get a LCD display screen. Done properly they look almost stock

Old 01-08-2008, 08:27 PM
1st Gear

Believe me I wanted to get a dvd touch screen. BUT..... I am on a budget and I got 4 speakers, sub, all wiring, h/u, and two amps forabout a grand. The dvd's go for about 550 on up for a decent one. So infuture that is what i want to do but now is no good. Not sure about painting the piece the silver marble or just black. There will be alot there with h/u and gauges so I could probably get away wih doing the custom marble look. Thanks for the help guys.