S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

PLEASE HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 01:14 AM
1st Gear
Default PLEASE HELP!

OK so about 4 days ago my car started to stall out. I would start the car and it would run but somewhere within a mile the car just completely dies! (i.e. the car stalls out and all power incl. power steering goes out). So I took my car to Pacific Audi in Torrance,CA and they informed me that the they found a code (53411). And that this meant they needed to completey replace the tiptronic shifter and boot. So they went ahead and replaced the shifter and all the magnets and components associated with the selector rod ($600.00). So I pick up my car and everything is working fine. I get home and realize that the car is in program 1 on my ecu. This is the stock program...I then switch to the performance 91 oct. mode. I start my car back up and it runs for about a block and DOES THE SAME THING AGAIN!!! NO POWER NO POWER STEERING NO ABS!!!.... JUST DEAD. I dont know if the ecu is putting it into safe mode or what....So then I switched back to the stock mode, but the check engine light stayed on this time!! (BTW this the newest version of the APR program)....The car ran fine but I can tell its still a little shaky. I was thinking that the ecu just might need to be reset or something....PLMK if any of you have had similar problems after replacing a part with a chipped car...