S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 01:11 PM
1st Gear
Default questions

Q#1 lighened cam gears and/or pulleys, what are these gonna do for me? i mean, i know the basic idea behind them, but do they really make a difference?
Q#2 turbo exhaust, ive heard about this turbine that is actually in your exhaust, that literally sucks the exhaust out, virtually eleminating turbo-lag, anyone else heard of this, or know where i can get one? comments?

Old 10-04-2007, 06:31 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: questions

1. almost nothing, just makes the motor rev faster & give better throttle response.

2. Are you talking about getting a new exhaust, or the stupid eletric motors that you put in the intake? Don't waste money with the intake ones, but a turbo, back exhaust will help a lot.

Old 10-04-2007, 08:24 PM
1st Gear

no, not one of the intake ones, this is one that is supposed to go in the exhaust pipes, not sure where but its supposed to suck the exhausr out, so that the engine doesntt have to push it out. ive never seen one , only heard about it, even searched the net, nothingm seems like a plausable idea so i decied to look into it.

Old 10-04-2007, 09:08 PM
3rd Gear

i have never heard of that.... some cars have anti lag which ignites unburnt fuel in the exhaust to keep the turbo spining during shifts. I dont think a company has ever put that on a true production vehicle. A turbo back exhaust is just everything from the turbine wheel of the turbo to the ehaust tips. You can also place a turbo at the end of the exhaust, but it works just like a normal turbo, theres just alot more pipeing, sometimes people do this to use a bigger turbo or keep under the hood heat down.

Just FYI it dosnt seem like you understand this. A turbo has 2 parts, a compressor wheel and a turbine wheel, the exhaust pushed out of your engine spins the turbine wheel which is connected by a shaft to the compressor wheel. The compressor wheel spins forcing air through your intercoolers into your eigine. Youre using the power from the exhaust being forced out of the engine to power a compressor to force air into the engine. If like you say there was a wheel in the exhaust that was pushing out, it would have to be driven by another wheel in some other system. Or even more unlikely an electric motor. Uhhh... i dont get it.

And thats how an engine works Suck Squeeze Bang Blow. the engine is supposed to force air out. Thats how the turbo gets its compression power!

Old 10-04-2007, 11:20 PM
1st Gear

no, i get how a turbo works, it would be an electric turbine wired to the throttle the sucks the exhaust out, causing the turbo to spool up faster, therefore reducing turbo lag.