S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

slow ass s4

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 03:30 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: slow *** s4

This happened on my A4 and Audi could never tell me the correct problem. First they said breather hose, i fixed it, then they said coils, i fixed those, then they said MAF, i replaced that, then they said they installed a bad fuel pump when it origanlly went bad. It ran fine and i sold it, Two weeks later, the buyer called me and said still messed up. But never heard from him again. so i never found out the problem.

Old 07-26-2007, 11:46 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: kiellish
ok so it turns out one of my intercoolers had a crack in it. i replaced the stockers with a front mount kit, came out awesome. it was running great until the other day when something else broke. not sure what it is, but when it starts to get into boost, the motor misfires terribly and the check engine light flashes. sometimes its just a hiccup, but other times it feels like its running out of gas (like a few cylinders are dead) and the whole car shakes. it seems like it would be a flaky sensor, because it will rarely pull hard under boost without misfiring. any ideas?

2ks4 - i tried to hook up my vag com and get those measuring blocks you told me about, but i guess i have an unregistered version or something because it doesn't let me see those particular blocks. where can i get a good copy of the software?
It might be a bad coil pack, or a bad EGT sensor. Scan it for stored codes.

Where did you get the vag-com?

Old 07-29-2007, 10:39 PM

the codes are all just misfires, as ALWAYS. it seems like ever since i bought the car i could run the car for 5 minutes and the computer will be packed with misfires, even when it runs good. so yea, pretty much useless in that department...has anyone ever heard of the fuel pressure regulators going bad? it still seems to me like its a fuel issue, although it could be a bad egt sensor i guess. where is that located and how hard is it to replace? could it have jumped time?

Old 07-29-2007, 10:41 PM

btw i dont remember where i got my vagcom from, it came with my scan tool (the plug). i bought it online from some website and it came on a burned cd.

Old 08-02-2007, 01:03 AM
2nd Gear

all i got to say is you owe 2k a night out at the bar[sm=partyparty.gif]

Old 08-02-2007, 10:57 AM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: kiellish
the codes are all just misfires, as ALWAYS. it seems like ever since i bought the car i could run the car for 5 minutes and the computer will be packed with misfires, even when it runs good. so yea, pretty much useless in that department...has anyone ever heard of the fuel pressure regulators going bad? it still seems to me like its a fuel issue, although it could be a bad egt sensor i guess. where is that located and how hard is it to replace? could it have jumped time?

btw i dont remember where i got my vagcom from, it came with my scan tool (the plug). i bought it online from some website and it came on a burned cd.
If it happens @ idle, the FPR is is not being used. I highly doubt it has failed. I'm telling you, search for stored codes. It's going to take some diagnostic work to find the problem.
1. Unplug the MAF & see if it goes away.
2. Are the misfires on only one bank, or the whole engine?
3. Are the plugs gapped properly? STUPID, but is a easy fix.
4. Have you swapped around the coils?

You got a knock off Vag. The only way to really use it the way it should be is to PURCHASE the $99 software from Ross-tech.

Old 09-20-2007, 07:48 PM

i hated to do it, but i took the car to a repair shop. it turns out the coil packs and injector o rings were bad and it had a couple other boost leaks in random places. i've had the car back for about a month now and it's been great. that fmic gets so many looks and it runs so much better in the fl heat, completely worth the time and money. probaly not as nice as the awe kit, but i would recommend it because it is much cheaper and really adds some character to the car.