S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Today is a awesome day!

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 04:39 PM
1st Gear
Default Today is a awesome day!

I'm new to the Audi scene but have been around a lot with the VW crowd forfor a while (Myvr6.org)but I just thought I would share my story. I got a Blue2001 S4 a few weeks ago. So far all I've done is replace both pre-cat o2 sensors and two newdiverter valves with 710n's... but today I finally got my ECU upgraded. I went to Achtuning.com shop on Saturday just to see if they were open. Sure enough they were open and we started the upgrade. After a hour or so trying to re-flash with the APR software the burn kept resetting at 12% and going back 6%. We thought the battery just didn't have enough power but later found a little surprise... my car has already had a upgraded ECU, but we couldn't tell what brand. So I came back today (Monday)and drop off my car to let them do a little work. Few hours later I get a call saying the previous owner has already installed 4 programs (stock, 91 oct. , 93 oct, Race)of the APR software and it would only cost one hour of labor to get it unlocked for my use... That's a $500 savings for me!

So I get the car back and all I can say is wow! I'm now at work and all I want to do is drive. Achtuning you guys are awesome!They were even nice enough to drive me to and pick me up from work. Anyone looking for anything for their Audi/VW and are in the Seattle, WAarea stop by their shop they are awesome!

Anyway...It's like a early Christmas for me so I had to share it.... I hope everyone else has a safe and great Christmas!

Old 12-17-2007, 04:50 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Today is a awesome day!

Wow sounds like a dream come true congrats !

Old 12-17-2007, 10:58 PM
2nd Gear

surprises like that, are always appreciated...enjoy it!

Old 12-18-2007, 09:15 AM

So you thought you bought a stock S4 only to find out that you didn't! HAHA that's rich very nice for you.

Old 12-18-2007, 09:47 AM
2nd Gear

Awesome, kinda lilke how i bought my car last year.. the guy said it had GIAC, whatever that meant? then i figured out it was chipped! awesome!

good deal bro! it's only $500 for an hour oflabor anyway! lol
what blue do u have- santorin or nogaro?

Old 12-18-2007, 10:16 AM
2nd Gear

thats hilarious ..i was in your shoes about 1 year ago when i bought my s4..i bought it from honda and they said it was completely stock..so after about a month of having the car i put a cat back exhaust on it and d/v's and a couple interior things so then i decided alright im gonna get it chipped i went to get chipped and it would go to about 10 % then go down just like yours ...the next day i took my ecu apart and found a soldered chip in there that was apr..the car was in security lockout mode and it needed a four digit code that was set by the previous owner..so i ended up having to buy the apr home programmer that allowed you to download the software yourself on their website and load itr directly into the chip in my ecu..so i could change the security code with the programmer and add WHATEVER programs i wanted on there..so i put stock 91 93 valet and at anytime i can just hookup to my labtop and change it if i want to ever put 100 octane program on there and so on..but eithere way isnt it great that you saved yorself 500..you had the same exact thing happen to you that happened to me a..it is an awesome feelign and pretty much a whole new car to drive..good luck and congrats and have fun with it and also be careful cause its a huge difference so be careful and not stupid..

Old 12-19-2007, 06:44 PM
1st Gear

The guy at achtuning said this has only happened once so it took them a little while to figure what was going on. Either way it's always cool to find thinks like this when you get a new car....

Finally got a picture of my car... Not a great picture but I've been to busy with work trying to pay of this car. You can also see it on my website http://mys4.org/ which is still very much in the works.

As for the person asking me what color blue.. I'm not sure. On overcast days my car kind of has a very litetint of purple. I know it's the stock color because someone else in my business complex has the exact same color. Could you post some example of the different color blue?

Anyway I'm loving this chip... I just need to find a place the sell 93 oct to see if there is anymore difference there. No worries I'll be safe. I just drop the $500 I was going to spend on the chip for winter tire since I got a lot of winter driving coming up this weekend. Any thanks guys for the replies, this seems to be a great audi community here!

Old 12-19-2007, 06:55 PM
1st Gear

ur satorin blue ...not the nogaro "cough amazing" blue lol

Old 12-28-2007, 01:18 PM

I'm jealous. I cant wait to get mine. Congrats