S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

VF/AWE Superchrger

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 06:25 PM
3rd Gear
Default VF/AWE Superchrger

You b6/b7 guys have been waiting for this...and it should be available in the very near future!

I guess its supposto make about 500 chp with a full exhaust, fits both b6 and b7, and costs about $11000 installed

http://forums.audiworld.com/s4b6/msgs/446028.phtml

Old 10-02-2008, 07:27 PM

in all honesty i wouldnt mind one of these over a stage 3 b5. that v8 roar just gets me! like my brothers old 5.0 stang but cleaner and uber sexy and german

Old 10-02-2008, 07:37 PM
2nd Gear

finally not just the mtm kit

Old 10-02-2008, 09:30 PM
1st Gear

If I had 11 grand saved up it would be hard for me to justify spending it all to upgrade my current car instead of putting it toward a down payment on something new. I might be in the minority here but I'm eager to try other cars and with 11g's I could do just that. But man the thought of a supercharger sitting atop my v8 and whining through a tunnel sure sounds amazing. I'm just stoked we're finally getting some options.

Old 10-02-2008, 09:58 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by RoboRabbit
in all honesty i wouldnt mind one of these over a stage 3 b5. that v8 roar just gets me! like my brothers old 5.0 stang but cleaner and uber sexy and german
im with ya on that

Old 10-08-2008, 10:21 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by HP Addict
You b6/b7 guys have been waiting for this...and it should be available in the very near future!

I guess its supposto make about 500 chp with a full exhaust, fits both b6 and b7, and costs about $11000 installed

http://forums.audiworld.com/s4b6/msgs/446028.phtml
I been waiting for this.. cant wait for it to come out.. hope comes down some on $$ once released....

Old 10-08-2008, 10:47 PM
1st Gear

As expected...high performance aftermarket parts are slowly coming to production for the b6/b7 v8. It was just a matter of time. give it a year or two and you will probably see prices coming down as well (depending on the competition). The supercharger is just one of many other things coming down the pipeline, i reckon. What's funny (or maybe not) are some of the members here with tt v6 and how they slam folks with v8 power. (not as tune-able, costs $$$ to modify significantly, no parts/hardware available,etc). Just shows their ignorance. Of course there will be parts available! Of course it costs a lot to significantly mod! Its a new engine/application compared to the tt v6. The tt v6 has been around forever. the 4.2 v8 has barely been in the s4/rs4. Hell, the engine itself is barely a half a decade old. Aftermarket companies are doing their research on performance parts like the SC. Sorry for the rant. (on second thought...i'm not.)

Old 10-09-2008, 12:59 AM
2nd Gear

is it ignorance or just stating the obvious?? the v-6 is super easy and much cheaper to tune.. where is the ignorance in that?? thats a given. the v-6 turbo will have a following forever, with as many people that have one and are looking for and modding everyday.. and the cost as to supply and demand.. its a no brainer.. not an ignorance. id love to be able to afford a 25 grand car and then just be able to throw another 11 grand at it to make that much bhp.. but guess what.. but for what you can spend that 11 grand on you can by a b5 s4 and get it chipped with about 320 and 360.. and then have bragging rights to the b5 and b6 class!!!

Old 10-09-2008, 08:04 AM
3rd Gear

Single turbo, 2 intake manifolds.

I like this though....id get a B6 if i could twin turbo it. Theres no replacement for displacement

Old 10-09-2008, 11:59 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by bigern45
is it ignorance or just stating the obvious?? the v-6 is super easy and much cheaper to tune.. where is the ignorance in that?? thats a given. the v-6 turbo will have a following forever, with as many people that have one and are looking for and modding everyday.. and the cost as to supply and demand.. its a no brainer.. not an ignorance. id love to be able to afford a 25 grand car and then just be able to throw another 11 grand at it to make that much bhp.. but guess what.. but for what you can spend that 11 grand on you can by a b5 s4 and get it chipped with about 320 and 360.. and then have bragging rights to the b5 and b6 class!!!
320 & 360? thats just about where the stock b6/b7 v8 start out. supercharged, chipped and full exhaust complement, youre looking at 500 hp. i doubt that a similarly modded tt v6 would produce that. and when i talk of ignorance, i specifically mean people dissing the v8 for it's "shortcomings" to modding. where's the ignorance on the issue? well here it is: What's ignorant is when some members here have the notion that just because there's a 4.2 v8 under the hood, then its the end of the road right there. You are probably already well informed of the following but I'll throw it out again for the uninitiateds. When the tt v6 first came out there werent much modding alternatives as well. and the few (at that time) available where ridiculously expensive. now most mods for the tt v6 are a dime a dozen. as far as tunability, ofc the tt v6 is easier to mod. again, the ignorance here is on the part of people making that as a shortcoming of the v8. audi got a major headache from warranty claims of the tt v6 because of aftermarket modifications while still on factory warranty. so naturally, to protect their interests, Audi designed the v8 to me more of a challenge to mod. not to say it is totally impossible, but that, its just not as easy for a number of reasons which i will not go into here.

Whether you choose to go with a b5 (2.7 tt v6) or a naturally aspirated b6/b7 (4.2 v8) is a matter of personal preference at the end of the day. each powertrain has its merits and demerits. but to suggest that one powertrain is superior to the other is ridiculous and ignorant because both can be modded to their full potential. In the case of the 4.2, research is still ongoing from tuning houses so its just a matter of time.