S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

VF/AWE Superchrger

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 11:28 PM
3rd Gear

Im telling you B6 guys, someone with a sprint blue sedan needs to make a nice turbo setup like this. This one is on a V10 M5 and makes more HP than an RS6. 2 airboxes/intakes in front of the rear wheels, charge pipes merge together, up to a front mount, then throttle body. VROOOOM

Old 10-13-2008, 09:35 AM
1st Gear

I will never get rid of my B5. Even If it needs a new eurospec engine block..I will still never get rid of it. If you spend 11k on a B5, you are gonna get more hp than spending that to get the B7 supercharger. Sorry B7 dudes. You can call me biased and thats ok cuz I am

Old 10-13-2008, 07:13 PM
2nd Gear

I try not to get involved with arguments in these forums because I agree it's like the special olympics. But, couldn't resist here. I too have heard the B6/B7 "bashing" so it's not like it doesn't exist. No one likes to hear that so-and-so's car is faster than theirs, gets better mpg, comes with a hot blonde, and he paid way less for it. It cracks me up that people get their panties in a twist about it, though. We all have awesome cars and this forum is about helping each other out, sharing news, etc. Can't we all just get along? In any case, looking forward to getting this S/C put in so I can finally dust you B5 pussies once and for all! 8-O. Haha just kidding (but I am looking forward to the S/C).

Old 10-30-2008, 03:50 PM
3rd Gear

THE DAY HAS COME!

http://forums.audiworld.com/s4b6/msgs/447914.phtml

VIDEO

http://s426.photobucket.com/albums/p...t=MOV06340.flv

363 whp on a completely stock car, that is 33whp more than an RS4 with full miltek exhaust on the same dyno 15 minutes earlier. A full exhaust is sure to add some power to the supercharged car.

Old 10-31-2008, 12:13 AM
1st Gear

i will sound like a jet engine....the 6 speed v8 already has a nice whining sound to it...
imagine with the supercharger

Old 10-31-2008, 07:13 AM
3rd Gear

the video shows it blower and all walking an RS4. Given the RS4 inst in its "sweet spot" its just a third gear pull

Old 11-01-2008, 05:02 PM
1st Gear

thats crazy but i think they should consider putting more psi on the s/c since its a big v8 capable of much more than 360 at the wheels....

Old 11-02-2008, 07:09 AM
3rd Gear

i think its only running like 4.5 psi, theres definitly more room to increase it, plus a full exhaust with dumps/ or straight pipes is going to help it out ALOT. Id agree with you that the 4.2 can probably handle some more power, i just wonder when well see the first blown motor though

Old 11-04-2008, 10:13 PM
1st Gear

The 4.2 has been around a lot longer than the 2.7t just fyi. Also the reason the V6 is a better engine is because the internals are stronger. Sure you can supercharge the V8 and get good numbers, but when are you going to break a ring land, or bend a rod, or break the crank? They weren't designed for boost. To make good use of the supercharger, you'd need to get a forged crank, forged rods, and forged pistons. What's the cost to build up a bulletproof Audi 4.2L and then turbo or supercharge it, fueling, tuning, etc.... The V6 is just better bang for the buck in this application. Now most cars (Mustang, Camaro, trucks, etc..) the V8 is a better starting point. If we were comparing the 4.2L to the 2.8L or the 3.0L or even 3.2L V6's I'd still take the 4.2L over them, but not compared to a 2.7t. The S4 just has so much potential, it's cheaper to mod, and you get more power for the mods you do. Now the RS6 V8 tt should be put in an S4, then we'd have a motor with more potential than the 2.7t.

And I'm not bashing the B6/B7 S4. Nice cars. I'd like to own one. But I think as far as mods, I'd do a cold air intake, a custom exhaust (bent at my local shop, much cheaper than paying 4 figures for 8 hp increase), and I'd lower it, change the wheels, tint the windows. Then I'd just enjoy driving it around. If there was a turbo kit for like $4500 then maybe I'd toss that on. And if I could find a way to use cost effective forged rods, then bore the motor out a bit and get some custom ross pistons. Not sure if the crank is forged or not, but maybe you could find an RS6 crank. Then you could get the heads CNC ported, have bigger valves installed, cnc port the intake manifold, and put in some regrind cams. Then turn up the boost on the turbo kit. A single turbo on a built 4.2L could put down 650 whp and turn a lot of heads. Why no one has done it is beyond me. I'd do it, but I lack the money. Seriously. That would be sick. Once I pay off my S4, I may get another B5, or see what kind of deal I can get on a B6 S4 6-speed. I've always wanted one, but it wouldn't replace my B5, just supplement it.

Oh and you B6/B7 guys who want to go fast.... have you considered a wet nitrous kit jetted at 100 hp? The motor could take it all day long and you'd be throwing down close to RS4 whp numbers. Drive like stock, use it when you run it hard at the track or in a street race (not that I condone that stuff). Nitrous is the best bang for the buck. How else can you get 100 hp for $600?

Last edited by Scott Long; 11-04-2008 at 10:43 PM.
Old 11-07-2008, 08:07 PM
1st Gear
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Scott Long
The 4.2 has been around a lot longer than the 2.7t just fyi. Also the reason the V6 is a better engine is because the internals are stronger. Sure you can supercharge the V8 and get good numbers, but when are you going to break a ring land, or bend a rod, or break the crank? They weren't designed for boost. To make good use of the supercharger, you'd need to get a forged crank, forged rods, and forged pistons. What's the cost to build up a bulletproof Audi 4.2L and then turbo or supercharge it, fueling, tuning, etc.... The V6 is just better bang for the buck in this application. Now most cars (Mustang, Camaro, trucks, etc..) the V8 is a better starting point. If we were comparing the 4.2L to the 2.8L or the 3.0L or even 3.2L V6's I'd still take the 4.2L over them, but not compared to a 2.7t. The S4 just has so much potential, it's cheaper to mod, and you get more power for the mods you do. Now the RS6 V8 tt should be put in an S4, then we'd have a motor with more potential than the 2.7t.

And I'm not bashing the B6/B7 S4. Nice cars. I'd like to own one. But I think as far as mods, I'd do a cold air intake, a custom exhaust (bent at my local shop, much cheaper than paying 4 figures for 8 hp increase), and I'd lower it, change the wheels, tint the windows. Then I'd just enjoy driving it around. If there was a turbo kit for like $4500 then maybe I'd toss that on. And if I could find a way to use cost effective forged rods, then bore the motor out a bit and get some custom ross pistons. Not sure if the crank is forged or not, but maybe you could find an RS6 crank. Then you could get the heads CNC ported, have bigger valves installed, cnc port the intake manifold, and put in some regrind cams. Then turn up the boost on the turbo kit. A single turbo on a built 4.2L could put down 650 whp and turn a lot of heads. Why no one has done it is beyond me. I'd do it, but I lack the money. Seriously. That would be sick. Once I pay off my S4, I may get another B5, or see what kind of deal I can get on a B6 S4 6-speed. I've always wanted one, but it wouldn't replace my B5, just supplement it.

Oh and you B6/B7 guys who want to go fast.... have you considered a wet nitrous kit jetted at 100 hp? The motor could take it all day long and you'd be throwing down close to RS4 whp numbers. Drive like stock, use it when you run it hard at the track or in a street race (not that I condone that stuff). Nitrous is the best bang for the buck. How else can you get 100 hp for $600?
Well said, Scott Long.
I was about to say that any thing could be Turboed/Supercharged.
Its all about the heap of $$$$$ u willing to spend. But the point u made about the engine internals and boost tolerance was the issh* + the resulting fact for BBB(best bank for d Buck).
And I think that is the a good reason more ppl favour one over the other.

BBB >>(Lamborghini Murcielago vs. Ford GT)