S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

vibration when turning and accelerating aggresively in 1st and 2nd between 2000-4000 rpms

Old 11-12-2006, 03:25 AM
Default vibration when turning and accelerating aggresively in 1st and 2nd between 2000-4000 rpms

hey guys..i have a little problem on my hands..but from searching maybe it isnt a problem..just wanted to get a few opinions.
I've searched on the forum and noticed alot of people complain about vibration when turning hard because of the center diff and the awd etc.
Let me explain my problem..and maybe its the same problem these people are speaking of.

When im turning right or left the car has a vibration. It sounds like it can be coming from the gearbox or the rearend or anywhere in between. The only thing i can relate the vibration to is driving a very very aggresive clutch....the chatter and vibration of first engaging it..thats sort of what it feels like. Since i mention it feels like the geear box or rear diff..and there are alot of posts about the center diff..maybe thats what it is.

Now my other issue is..if i floor the car in first or second..from anywhere from 2000-4000 rpms..i get the same vibration..but very very slight..
I noticed this after i put 2 new tires and got an alignment. I also notice people speaking of different tires causing vibrations on these cars..so im thinking its possibly the tires.
Another reason i think its possibly the tires is becuase before i replaced them there were practically bald tires on the back and it never made any vibration while driving straight but still made the vibration while turning. Now with new tires on the rear its very slight while accerlating hard in 1st and 2nd. Anything after 2nd doesnt make the vibration..and it doesnt do it at all if you accelerate slowly..only if you floor it aggresively.
My tire is bf goodrich gsport i believe? 225 45 17 is the size if i remember correctly
Sorry for the novel i just wrote..just trying to give all the symptoms Thanks in advance for any help.