S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Water/Methanol Injection Kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 07:33 AM
3rd Gear

Dug this up on AZ

in someones car

Old 01-20-2009, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by GenerationX
Actually anywhere in the pipe is fine as logs have shown zero gains from near the T.B all the way down to the IC end. I would definitely run 2 nozzles instead of 1.

Actually the pipes would benefit any setup in more ways then one actually theres around a dozen reasons, but heres a few without stating the obvious reasons why.

Theres probably a reason why the factory RS4 pipes are nothing like the U.S k03 pipes and much larger and not plastic.

1) .065 wall aircraft grade aluminum U.S certified, all mandrel bent & very smooth on the inside.

2) The diverter opening on the factory pipes are tiny, improving this area helps in boost response and creep for one.

3) The factory pipe fits .5 inch in the boot these pipes fit 2.5 inches in the upper IC boots keeping the boot and pipe in place also eliminating any flex in the boot.

4) Factory pipe changes shape and size 5 times these don't.

5) Already setup with meth bungs welded on & wrinkle coated in black.

6) Upper pipes fit further into the T.B boot with a very aggressive bead roll on both ends, will never pop off especially when coupled with a proper clamp.

7) Will leave plenty of room to grow and won't heat soak as bad as the factory or others.

Just a few reasons.
Funny, I never had any of those issues. I know Marc never had any issues with flow, or boost creep. He runs OE pipes and only 710n's. Personally I think it is more of a bling factor.

And it is ideal to place the nozzlers 6 inches before. These allows for you meth to cool the charge in the most efficient manner. Too close to the TB and it doesn't vaporize with the charge and you could end up with a fubar'd throttle body after time.

Old 01-21-2009, 04:43 PM
2nd Gear

what size tank shold i run? is a gallon enough? How long will that last? My buddy has one in his evo and he changes his gallon about every 3 weeks. The kit came with a gallon tank, but its easy to reproduce another one of a different size. I really don't want to use the windshield wiper reservoir.

Old 01-21-2009, 05:48 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Deb38
Funny, I never had any of those issues. I know Marc never had any issues with flow, or boost creep. He runs OE pipes and only 710n's. Personally I think it is more of a bling factor.

And it is ideal to place the nozzlers 6 inches before. These allows for you meth to cool the charge in the most efficient manner. Too close to the TB and it doesn't vaporize with the charge and you could end up with a fubar'd throttle body after time.
Deb, how would you no unless you tested something else, well i guess you couldn't possibly no is the answer. Deb, why did the rs4 pipes come in aluminum and much larger from the factory for just the RS4 turbos, is Audi all the sudden wrong to? I implied anywhere from the 6" point down will be fine, maybe call Vast, Devils own, aquamist and see if they don't or haven't said the same thing.

Old 01-21-2009, 09:17 PM
3rd Gear

Even if a product dosnt add any measurable horsepower or torque on a dyno or reduce your 1/4 mile it dosnt make it worthless. As far as i can tell genx bipipes made of superior materials and are less disruptive to flow of the charge air. They are exactly what they claim to be and I would be much happier with these on my car than the stockers and even the APR bipipe i have now.

now back on topic. Ahem...

Originally Posted by FonzoB5S4
what size tank shold i run? is a gallon enough? How long will that last? My buddy has one in his evo and he changes his gallon about every 3 weeks. The kit came with a gallon tank, but its easy to reproduce another one of a different size. I really don't want to use the windshield wiper reservoir.
I also dont like the idea of using the windsheild washer reservoir for w/m. Id put a slightly larger tank in the trunk, either where the spare goes, or off to one side.

Old 11-16-2009, 02:08 PM
Default hey

Originally Posted by RED_01
The water/meth is being mixed with the charged air just before it enters the TB. It doesn't go through the turbo.
It all meets and mixes in the TBB anyways.

I think it'd be fine as long as you can secure the nozzle bungs in the plastic good so they don't leak.
is this a OEM s4 bumper on the red s4 --looks different