S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

What are people paying for 2010 S4?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 08:25 PM
Default What are people paying for 2010 S4?

I'm thinking about trading in for a 2010 S4 and I was wondering if there's any experience out there haggling with the dealers. Most of the sites I can find suggest paying very close to MSRP. Despite all the great press for the new S4, MSRP seems a bit high in the early winter in the Great Recession. A Boston area Infiniti shop is advertising $7K below MSRP...

Old 12-22-2009, 04:51 PM
2nd Gear

The B8 is still new and novel, with no used inventory to compete with, so they probably won't come down on price much in the near future. It never hurts to try, though. I don't think there are many, if any, B8ers in this forum. Might want to try AZ or another forum.

Old 12-22-2009, 05:21 PM

Another thing to consider is that the new S4 is priced less than the its previous version, which was two model years old, and has more options. Even with most bells and whistles, sports differential included, you'd be at only $60k with the Prestige package, drive select and drivers assist packaging on the S-tronic version.

Just like the Q5, Q7 TDI, R8 V10 and S5 Cabriolet the S4 is still in the low supply, high demand phase so expect to pay to play.

Enjoy!

Old 01-11-2010, 09:41 PM

I went and test drove one with a sticker of 48.9k dealer said that they could do 1500 - 2k off sticker, not bad for a newly remodeled car. also the sales guy said the lease rates are actualy pretty good right now.

Old 01-12-2010, 08:34 AM

I ended up finding a dealer that sold me an S4/Prestige/metallic paint/S-tronic/diff/leather/drivers assist at invoice price. This was in context of a trade in which they valued about in the middle of Edmunds and Intelliprice estimates. I live near Boston and had to go up to NH to get this deal. The gnomes in Germany (or maybe robots?) are building my new S4, which is supposed to arrive in early April.

Bottom line is that deals are possible. For me it worked best to limit face-to-face interactions with the sales staff and do as much as possible by email.

Old 01-14-2010, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Twowheelsgood
I ended up finding a dealer that sold me an S4/Prestige/metallic paint/S-tronic/diff/leather/drivers assist at invoice price. This was in context of a trade in which they valued about in the middle of Edmunds and Intelliprice estimates. I live near Boston and had to go up to NH to get this deal. The gnomes in Germany (or maybe robots?) are building my new S4, which is supposed to arrive in early April.

Bottom line is that deals are possible. For me it worked best to limit face-to-face interactions with the sales staff and do as much as possible by email.
was it stratham or Nashua? I need a good deal due to negative equity in my car. I don't want to put a boat load down. Did you lease or finance? if lease did you get a decent money factor?

Old 01-14-2010, 12:42 PM

It was Stratham, not Nashua. I'm paying the difference minus trade-in with cash (I avoid borrowing $ whenever possible and prefer to wait and save whenever possible). Can't help with any insights on lease or finance.

Old 01-18-2010, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Twowheelsgood
It was Stratham, not Nashua. I'm paying the difference minus trade-in with cash (I avoid borrowing $ whenever possible and prefer to wait and save whenever possible). Can't help with any insights on lease or finance.
I was at strtham the other day, did you recently have a winter whell package put on with Rial wheels?

Old 01-19-2010, 08:31 AM

No wheels yet. In fact, no Audi! The elves (robots?) at the factory are building my new car with meticulous care (I hope) and it is slated for delivery in the first week of April - just in time for summer.