S Car Model Line Audi S4, Audi S6, and Audi S8..Audi's track-ready touch on each of the popular sedans

Windshield Wiper Problem...

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 02:29 PM
Default Windshield Wiper Problem...

I have a peculiar problem with my relatively newly-purchased '02 S4. The windshield wipers have stopped working entirely. They worked fine for a while, then started working once every 10 or so times the car was turned on, and have since stopped working completely.

I have tried my best to resolve this problem with no luck:
  • I've taken out the wiper motor and tested it and found it to be working perfectly.
  • I've tested the wires connecting to the motor and found no power going to them when the steering column wiper switch/toggle is in any position.
  • I've replaced the wiper switch on the steering column (as I figured that would be the most logical place for the problem to occur since no power is going to the motor) but that didn't fix the problem.

After I post this, I'm going to head out and take some of the interior apart to get to the relays and see if I have any luck figuring out which, if any of them are related to the wipers.

Does anyone know which relay applies to the wipers or know of anything else that could be causing this? (It's supposed to rain all week and I'm not particularly looking forward to driving my other car...)