Looking to buy New 2014 Audi S4

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 08:37 AM
1st Gear
Default Looking to buy New 2014 Audi S4

Been wanting to own an S4 for a couple of years now and I'm finally getting around to buying one. I'm looking at having to special order it which I'm fine with as long as it gets here with my specs. Also already looking under the hood for some improvements. Any tips or hints from the Audi veterans would greatly be appreciated.

Old 02-07-2014, 11:33 AM
1st Gear

When you order the car, be prepared to wait if you go for any Audi Exclusive options (paint or interior). As for mods, the car is pretty quiet from the factory, so if engine noise is something you're looking for start shopping for exhausts and intakes. For exhaust, I'd recommend AWE Tuning, Milltek, or APR Tuning. For intake, I'd say look at the AWE S-Flo or the Roc-Euro intake. Something that's rather easy to do and won't cost you a dime is to remove the Sound Aktor fuse that pumps artificial engine noise into the cabin. If tighter handling is the name of the game go for a good coil over suspension setup and a stiffer rear sway bar. Bilstein and H&R are good options for coil overs. If you just want a lower ride height, opt for H&R OE Sport springs and keep the stock shocks. If you get Eibach Pros or the H&R Sport springs, you'll need to upgrade your shocks. If you want the car to pull harder and want to really make a drastic increase to the car's power and torque, get a software tune from GIAC or APR; be advised though a software tune will almost certainly get you flagged as TD1 when the dealer runs diagnostics on the car. In the event you participate in track days, upgrade the braking system with a set of Stop Techs or AP Racing brakes. Hope that helps.