South West AZ, TX, NM, OK

Anyone here from OK?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 09:35 AM
3rd Gear
Default Anyone here from OK?

I have been apart of this forum for just a bit now and I am just wondering if anyone is from OK or North Texas? I live in Lawton.

Old 01-09-2007, 12:36 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Anyone here from OK?

OKC in the house

Old 01-11-2007, 07:46 PM
1st Gear

Edmond here!!!

Old 07-05-2007, 10:15 PM
1st Gear

OKC...Just go tthe windows tinted and waiting on smoked tail lights

Old 07-25-2007, 03:01 PM
1st Gear

Where did you get your windows tinted at? I'm looking for a good place in the city to get mine done. I don't really trust the local shops around here with my TT, lol. By the way, I'm about 80 miles southwest of OKC.

Old 08-06-2007, 11:25 PM
1st Gear

Edmond, OK here!

Has anyone here taken their car to the Audi repair place on I-35 just north of the York plant in Norman? The guy seems pretty nice and they have been servicing BMW/Audi for 35 years now. I am in need of a timing belt so I'm looking for the best deal.

Old 08-15-2007, 10:46 AM
1st Gear

I got the windows tinted at Adams window tinting. (http://www.adamswindowtinting.com/)

199 for lifetime warranty against fading and bubbling from 3M, and thats for a 4 door.

I have never been to Bavarian Motorsports, but I know that Autobahn on 36th and Western works on our cars. I have been there many times. They owner is very honest.

Old 08-23-2007, 09:58 AM
1st Gear

I went to Autobahn and spoke to Rick yesterday. Very nice guy. Greeted with a hand shake. Made no excuses for anything. I asked him about the timing belt and he promised me he would have the estimate by today. We'll see how that goes. I will let you guys know who gave me the best deal and how the service ended up being.

BTW.....DO NOT TAKE YOUR CAR TO THE BOB MOORE AUDI SERVICE SHOP IN EDMOND! THEY ARE THE WORST STEALERSHIP I HAVE DEALT WITH!

I have had my Audi there several times and each time I just want to call them out on crap! They told me that both the inner and outer CV boots were torn and needed immediate attention while the car was in there for an oil change. Little did they know I worked on cars alot when I worked at a local tire/repair shop many years ago and when I got the car home I put it on the jack and low and behold......there was nothing wrong with the CV boots....hmmm. The final straw was when the Audi threw the Serp. Belt cuz the Tensioner ate itself.....They had the car for 2.5 days cuz they had to "wait for the parts". when I got the car back I noticed one of my headlights was faded badly???? The other still looked new? I thought that was kinda odd cuz it was so obvious and as much time as I spend cleaning this car I knew it was not like this when I brought it in. I questioned him about it and he seemed uneasy but stood his ground after the mech. said that was the way it was when I brought it to him. Funny thing though. I went home and looked at some photos of the car that I had taken when our new house was being built, just about two weeks before they had it in the shop, and both head light assy's looked perfect! I printed the picture and brought it up to them and again......same thing. I finally decided I will never go there again! as I was leaving I noticed in the back parking lot....Another A6 with one really nice head light and the other looked mysteriously like the bad one on mine. the good light on this car just so happened to be on the same side as the light assembly on my car!!!!! I just kept on going and chalked it up to a very expensive lesson learned! I have no doubt that the people there will rob you blind if they could!!!!

Old 08-23-2007, 10:07 AM
1st Gear

That's weird about Bob Moore, because my experience there has been excellent. Dennis seems to be a stand up kind of guy. Heck, my only complaint is that when they wash the car, they don't do my wheels very well!!!

Maybe it is because I am still under warranty, so we will see if things change in 35k miles.

Old 08-28-2007, 10:22 AM
1st Gear

Rick at Autobahn quoted me $380 for labor on the timing belt plus some extra if some seals need to be replaced. Its been a while so I cannot remember correctly. It may not look fancy, but the 8+ years I have been going there and not one dissapointment.

I did not ask for parts since ECS sells the kits.

And I second the Audi shop in Edmond being a HORRIBLE place to go. Took my car in for a recall and left with a $800 dollar bill on a camshaft sensor that I know worked when I went in there, at least nothing was messing up, car idled nicely. They told me the only reason it might be broken is if I got into an accident or I took it out and hit it with a hammer, neither of which happend. I have no idea where thatsensor is. I fought with them and won it...they did the work and part install for free. I am never going there again.