Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 03:00 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Anyone here from OK?

Is your Audi the green one?

Old 09-05-2007, 08:48 AM
1st Gear

If your talking to me....No, mine is Silver. Funny you mention sensor. I brought it to them for a check engine light once and they told me that some sensor was causing the light to come on. Sounded good to me. So they replaced it. Had something to do with the ESP. Anyway, when I got the car back I noticed it was pulling really bad to the left. and the wheel was completely misaligned! I drove it back to them not 5 minutes from when I left and he went on a ride with me. Made some suggestions about the fact my wife may have driven the car into a curb so we got out and there was no damage to any of the wheels so I ruled out that idea. They insisted there was nothing wrong, even thought the light was back on and said they are to booked up to look at in now and made me an appt. for a week later. So I drive around for one week with mycar all jacked up to the point where I am this close to selling it, they get my car in the air and all of a sudden the tech noticed the control arms were bent from the tow company!!!!! How the hell did they miss that???? On of the wheels was about two inches in toward the body from where it was supposed to be!!

So I take the fight to the insurance company and they get the tow company to pay for the damages and rental car while the car is being fixed! USAA BTW. So now my car is fixed and they give it back to me and the check engine light is now off and come to find out that it was the Steering angle sensor causing the fault since the steering was so far off from center and needed to be reset!!!! With this knowledge you would think....hmmm, they replaced the wrong sensor right? Nope! they told me that it was calling itself bad and they replaced it based on that. So I suggested to reinstall the old sensor and let see what happens? Sorry, we throught it away since it was over a week since your car was here!!!!! I tell you.....I hope nobody ever has to go thru this kind of crap! If you take your car there and are satisfied with the service then I am very happy for you. But for me.....

They are a bunch of cons artist just out for your money. Hell, my first oil change there they screwed up and put regular oil in the car! I specifically told him to put synthetic oil since the car was a twin turbo, Okay...and when I look at the reciept it said "Bulk Oil"......So I asked and he said I never mentioned that. Then I noticed that it wasn't even the correct weight that Audi recommended in the manual. His defense was that his tech must have missed that and brought the car right back in and replaced the oil. I made him to it and when he gave the car to me I asked him if he replaced the oil filter? Nope! Cmon man? The car was running....don't you think the oil filter has some of the regular oil in it? It will be okay he say's so I have to go to the parts store and do an oil change myself! just so I can have the peace of mind!

I will give you one thing.......they do wash the car pretty good for every service, which was nice but really.....not worth the mind games!

Old 09-05-2007, 09:09 AM
1st Gear

BTW, Took my car to that Audi place on I-35 just north of the York plant. Very good guys!!!!! They did a great job! I would recommend them to anyone.

Autobahn.....Rick took over 1 month just to get an estimate. I just happened to drive by and stopped in to meet him. He was a nice guy and told me he had cars to fix and did not have time to get an estimate right now plus he lost my information after I gave it to him twice! He took my info down since I was there and PROMISED me he would get it to me the very next morning. It's been two weeks now since that promise and I still have not heard from him!

Am I being too demanding here?

Old 09-07-2007, 10:50 AM
1st Gear

Nope...Rick is just super busy right now. And with him and his son only working there it takes them a while.

How much does the place on I-35 charge for a Timing Belt?

Old 10-04-2007, 11:49 AM
1st Gear

I paid about $800 for the timing belt, tensioners, rollers, thermo, water pump and a few other things.

Old 10-17-2007, 02:47 PM
1st Gear

Well I know I will not be using them (Bavarian Auto). I called them and told them I had the parts, they asked me if Ido work myself on cars, which I do, and they said that they cannot work on my car.Which I find odd that since I have my parts and I do work on cars that they do not want to touch my car.

I paid 350 for parts (from ECS)and will pay 350 for the labor (At Autobahn). Saves a bit too.

Old 11-03-2007, 03:23 PM
3rd Gear

www.wetdub.com anyone?

Old 11-09-2007, 04:27 PM
1st Gear

Nope...but will check it out

Old 02-01-2008, 11:09 AM
1st Gear

Road Star Imports does great work on Audi's. Ask for the owner, his name is Lott. Also, he only has 1 -2 techs at the most at any given time so be patient, it'll save you tons of money. I've been taking my A6 Quattro and Bimmer to him for years (when I can't do the work myself) and not one complaint. He even lets you watch him do the work!!

Yeah, Bob Moore sucks. I rarely ever go there....only to get an alignment since no one locally seems to be able to do an all-wheel alignment.