Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

A6 4.2 and mountain roads

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 01:22 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: A6 4.2 and mountain roads

SCG87: Ok, if it wouldn't of been like this instead of the flaming up top, things would of been different. If you read about my reply to Bob above, a lot of your questions probably have been answered, or atleast touched on. If you really must know, i bought my audi for around 14,000 with 90,000 miles on it. I researched them before i bought it, and talked with some owners and came to decide that i should buy it. I looked into other models such as the WRX, EVO, and even the G35. But there is somethign about audis that i enjoy more then just any other car. I Don't just take my car out and attempt to destroy it on corners. And why would i buy a car of lesser enjoyment, just to supplement in another car. Now i know Audi's don't have world class handling- i don't have $100,000 to blow on a car of that type like an R8 or 911 GT2. But i realize that and have learned how to drive it the way it is. I don't take my car for granted and spend a lot of time in my car so i have become ver familiar with my A6- I've averaged atleast 500 miles a week for the last couple months. That's why i dind't pick some car that is just horsepower and tourque, but one that i can also comfortably drive everyday and have the ability to last the winters when there is snow on the ground as it does snow quite often in Colorado. I Also bought an audi because they're known for going the disance in milage and going well above 100,000 miles, that's something i don't hear very much about the other cars you've listed above.
Now, i understand that you've lost people in your life who were very close to you and that it all happened so very quick. I send you my deepest apologies and only hope that one day you can come to peace with it. I also know that things might be different if i had a pregnant wife at home too (hell, just a wife at all). But i don't. I've lost friends, seen people die. I've come to realize that people die all around us at every moment and that there are just some things that cannot be prevented. If i live my life in fear dying, then i won't ever live my ife, but live in fear of the inevitable. What i have learned to do is live it in caution of death; respect the value of your life and it's impact on the ones around you. Now i'm preaching, sorry. Here, let's end this now. Pretty much, yes, it wasn't the smartest thing i've done (but neither is the majority of what is written in this part of the forum- except for the guy who raced down that TL when he put the acura into the wall, props to him). But i just didn't decide one night to take my car down a curvy mtn road. Some people are ok with taking the risk of doing something exhilirating, and the risks that come along with it. All we can hope for is that these people are somewhat educated and then the rest is luck: Even the best drivers wreck in the best of conditions. Thanks for your support and feedback and hopefully this whole thing might make someone look at their driving a little more before they go out and take on the streets for their first time.

Old 02-01-2008, 08:52 PM

Maybe u should do what I did,get a bike. Despite what the majority of morons say,you will only hurt ur self and no one else. I love flyin down my favorite Pennsyltuckey rd on my bike at race track pace(after a good shake down 4 gravel/oil/kids). Good thing about the bike is i'm the only one who dies after crossing that center line, Despite what popular belief is ur the only one who dies. There is no probelm with flying down that road of yours,as I said make sure u can see fully through those turns and when **** hits the fan don't take innocents with u who are going the other way in their cars/trucks. No problem with risking death 4 urself/other perfectly willing passengers,but those going the other way are what I worry about most in my car.

Old 02-01-2008, 09:52 PM
1st Gear

No bob128936129346823047, he should not buy a bike and kill himself faster, he should take it to the track like a god D%*ned responsible adult!!!! I can't believe your "nobody else dies" BS. It doesn't matter. You have no right to throw a few hundred pounds of metal and flesh at the front of my car either, wether I die or not.

Old 02-02-2008, 01:36 AM
2nd Gear

^ +1....[&o]

Old 02-02-2008, 02:56 AM
4th Gear

Holy crap......Why do I even read his posts?[:'(]

Old 02-02-2008, 06:05 PM
2nd Gear

^ You have to admit, they ARE entertaining......

Old 02-05-2008, 01:23 AM
1st Gear

Yo Sampsonite I'm glad you enjoyed your drive safely. I'm in the mountain area too and nothing is better than tearing up the mountains with quattro on a nice day. Yea audi makes family cars but they are fu*kin awesome family cars. Keep it safe. Peace

Old 02-05-2008, 03:01 AM
2nd Gear

Are you on SCF??????

Old 02-17-2008, 01:24 AM
1st Gear

SCF???

Old 02-17-2008, 03:20 PM
2nd Gear

Sportscarforums.com. It was directed towards wesleypipes.....

But while we're at it, you traded that boat of yours for an S2000 yet??????.....[8D]

Quick Reply: A6 4.2 and mountain roads