Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

S4 vs. Camaro SS

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 03:55 PM
1st Gear
Default S4 vs. Camaro SS

After listening to my friend run his mouth all night about how his Camaro SS was better than my S4, and how only **** and chicks drive Audi's, I had enough.

I called him out. We went out in the country to line them up.

He said on 3 we go. And he counted to 3 and nailed it. He left a little before me, and took me out of the hole. By the time he went to shift to 2nd I was back up at his mirror. I was pulling up even in 2nd gear and then my traction control light started to flash and my car lost all power. He jumped back ahead. I pushed the traction button off and put my foot back on the floor. I held about a 1/4 car behind his bumper until he let off.

I asked him if he wanted to run again w/ my traction control off, but he said no. *****.

I am surprised it was as close (and I really wish my traction control wouldn't have kicked in). He is a 2002 bone stock LS1 6-speed. He didn't launch hard, but he took me out of the hole. He said he started spinning a little in 2nd and had to lift a bit. I didn't feel wheelspin in my car, but the traction control light was flashing and my car wouldn't pull any more. He should have been a full second faster in the 1/4 mile than me, but with an easy launch his time wouldn't exactly be what the car is fully capable of.

I guess the street is a good equalizer.

Old 03-10-2009, 09:51 PM
1st Gear

Whenever I am even remotely thinking about messing w/ someone, I make sure my traction control is off, it has completely screwed me too.

Too bad that puss wouldn't go again...sure he figured it was too close for comfort.

Old 03-10-2009, 10:27 PM
1st Gear

Street racing has a lot to do with the driver mod. Run him again make sure you remove some weight, spare tire/tools, run with 1/4 tank of gas or less. Is his SS auto or stick?
I own an 01 SS 6 speed and my wife drives the 01 S4. When I ran my SS w/ only 500 miles on it bone stock I ran 13.6 at 104mph, but with drag radials tires intake an exhaust bolt-ons the SS went 12.4's at 113. We have had the S4 for little over a year, and it is a blast to drive.

Old 03-10-2009, 10:35 PM
1st Gear

I did'nt see in the your post that he has a 6 speed, you should jump him out of the hole w/ your AWD, if he is still running stock tires.

Old 03-10-2009, 11:21 PM

Well the AWD will bog if he doesnt launch hard enough, and if he launches too hard he could spin.....I dunno if an s4 can do that lol i know my a4 cant but, if an SS driver knows what he is doing then its going to be tricky. Even when its vs. a AWD beast

Old 03-14-2009, 04:26 PM
1st Gear

The SS had stock tires on it. It's a 5,000 mile 35th anniversary car, he isn't modding it at all, but keeping it stock and keeping the miles low. He is looking for another SS to mod.

I can't take him out of the hole since I have an auto in my S4. If he had slicks, I wouldn't stand a chance, but because he is on street tires, he spins and that is my advantage.

It was close enough he knew I would win if we went again so he refused a re-match.

Now his friend in an LT1 T/A 6-speed wants to race me. I think I'm going to lose but maybe not. I am counting on him spinning too, he has street tires. He had headers, lightened flywheel, dual friction clutch, moroso intake, 3" pipe no muffler. Supposedly this car beats the stock SS. I don't know though, because the LS1 should pull harder up top than an LT1 with just mild mods.

Might go race him tonight. He was in my S4 last night and we blew a tire at 120 mph. That sucked!!! Luckily I have a full size spare. Now I'm in the market for new tires.

Old 03-14-2009, 04:29 PM
1st Gear

When I ran the SS I had my spare out, empty trunk, little more than 1/4 tank of fuel, tires at 40 psi, and only me in the car.

That's as setup as I can make it for racing. I might do the intake box mod today and get a better filter, might be good for a few more hp. Every little bit helps.

I don't think they'll stand a chance on street tires against me when I go Stage 2+ this fall though!!!

Old 03-25-2009, 12:15 PM
Tech Slut

chip the S4 and let the games begin....

Old 03-26-2009, 02:29 PM
2nd Gear

An LT1 car w/ just those few mods should not beat even a stock LS1 car. Not even close, espec up top. And an LS1 F-bod should put put a hurting on a B5 S4 w/ ease. Moral of the story is, the Camaro driver sucks.