Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Snow + Ice - Racing.

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 03:15 PM
1st Gear
Default Snow + Ice - Racing.

So, the other night I'm headed back to civilization from dropping off my buddy who lives way out in BFE. I'm passing the Alpine Street On Ramp (GR, Michigan) when two cars (one was a VDubJ) come off the ramp haulin' *****. I see this as I'm converging on the on ramp, so I scoot over to the lane furthest away from 'em.

What happened next:

Quickly, the car in the rear jets out from behind the car infront of it (duh!) and begins to pass it. The car infront (VDubJ) may have assumed that the other car was still behind it as they got over, but the other car was right there!!!

The first car (one in front) is tapped by the rear vehicle (VDubJ) and it gets loose. By this time I've tapped my breaks and just went into "I hope no one dies" mode. The car that tapped the other one obviously gets right up next to it as the one that got tapped looses speed. Then...

The car that went squirrely must've caught some ice or something cause it spins out and goes down into the median and into oncoming traffic. Keep in mind, that there's atleast three feet of snow packed about ten yards wide, and this car goes through it!!! Obviously, I pass the scene by now and saw everything else in my rear view. It looked like the other car hit an oncoming vehicle, or just went down into the ditch on the OTHER side of the highway. The VDub kept going and in all honesty, all I did was manage to pass HER and just look at her. She was freakin'...

Now get this, two days later, I'm on Plainfield when the SAME Vdub pulls out onto Pfield from 4 Mile, and the same CHICK is in the vehicle. It was seriously De Ja Vu. I passed her and we exchanged looks and I kept going. She hit her breaks and continued to boogy right on.

Old 01-27-2008, 03:31 PM
Default RE: Snow + Ice - Racing.

The driver who spun out was at fault. In todays overly litigous society I can kinda understand why she wouldn't stop as who ever gets hurt sues and wins,not necesarily who's at fault. YOu get a plate,not that I personally would rat out the not at fault party? Just curious.

Old 01-27-2008, 04:43 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Snow + Ice - Racing.

I completely agree. The only thing is, it seemed as if they were racing one another, ya know? They were both haulin'. Then again, I thought... "What if she was just tryin' to get them off of her butt?"

I didn't get a plate either time. I do believe that the other party was fine, tho. Well... due to the fact that I never saw anything on it in the paper. But yeah, that's exactly what my buddies told me. As far as ratting out someone who technically did nothing wrong.