Suspension Is your ride slammed to the ground? Did you lift it so high you need a ladder to get in? Step in and let's talk about it.

Anybody Ever Use Monroe Shocks?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 07:48 PM
1st Gear
Default Anybody Ever Use Monroe Shocks?

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/se...98%20Audi%20A4

http://www.monroe.com/

I was looking threw a catalog the other day and saw monroe shocks. I asked my father about them and he said he had used them on some of his old project cars and from what he could remember they worked great. They seem a little cheaper than others and i just found them in the Pep Boys catalog for real cheap.

Anybody got anything on them?

Old 06-19-2008, 06:19 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Anybody Ever Use Monroe Shocks?

Years ago I bought a used California Highway Patrol cruiser, a big honking Dodge Monaco with a 440 CID V-8 that did only one thing faster than it accelerated and that one thing was to drink fuel. Lots of fun though. Big smokey burnouts and broad side slides on that cop car suspension.
The car still had the factory Oriflow shocks, Chrysler's OEM name,and these were worn out. Back then I usually used Gabriel shocks, but for some reason I do not recall, I bought Monroe shocks. They had less damping than the worn out original shocks on this well used cop car! Off they came and I received my money back too. Instead I used Gabriel Gas-Adjust shocks, which were a license copy of a Koni design with the click adjustable rebound damping. If you want a good damper for your Audi consider either Bilstein or Koni, don't waste money on an American made shock, these companies do not understand how a European car is supposed to respond. They think everyone wants to drive a Buick Roadmaster that floats down the road.