Suspension Is your ride slammed to the ground? Did you lift it so high you need a ladder to get in? Step in and let's talk about it.

Audi A4 Strut Shock Absorber Kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 06:55 PM
1st Gear
Thumbs up Audi A4 Strut Shock Absorber Kit

Guys, has anyone tried the Blau parts strut shock absorber kit. I was planning to do the shocks on my 97 Audi A4 1.8T FWD and came across this. Price appears decent but was wondering where it stands compared to KYB/Bilsteins. If they are softer type or harder type etc??

Thanks

Bix

Old 04-08-2011, 09:04 PM
1st Gear

I've read mixed reviews regarding Blauparts shock kits for Audis, but I've also considered one for myself. The kits are certainly priced right and seem to be very complete. Right now, I'm leaning towards Koni sports from The Tire Rack. I think the adjust-ability and potential performance of the Konis will justify the additional cost.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:21 PM
1st Gear

Well..I ordered it anyways... will let you know how it goes...
Right now, I am stuck at the punch bolt to remove the steering..I am in the process of changing the rack/pinion but this crazy pinch bold does not want to come out. I have the nut off. I tried heating the other frame, hammers etc....
ANy ideas are welcome..

Old 04-18-2011, 09:08 PM
1st Gear
Exclamation

Well....So here I am...changed the steering rack (carsteering), front struts (Blauparts) and complete set of control arms (FCP)
AND OF COURSE, HANDS DOWN THANKS TO THE GUYS WHO HAVE POSTED DIY LINKS/PICS/COMMENTS..
...Few things that I noticed..
1. FCP Groton--Nice kit with all the bolts which look pretty good.
2. Steering rack..came with nasty boots...really flimsy rubber quality....So got Meyle boots and installed those on.
3. Blauparts -- SDtruts maybe nice but the mounts sucked big time...One mount almost split into 2 axially once I tightened the bolt down on the strut shaft!!! Ended up using my old but still nice AUDI mount.

My steering was making noise for about 24 hrs but it is getting better as I drive (presuming that its getting bled along)
But one thing that is bothering me is---My wheels are very wobbly especially on any mild bounce on the road or any minimal pothole...And everytime I increase my speed above 25mph, the front shakes as if the tires are out of balance....Although it was running perfect before I changed all this.
I got alignment done today, so was hoping it will go away but no change.. So, in case you see a B5 A4 with blinkers blocking the fast lane, that might be me.....
Any ideas???? I am going to make sure that I tightened everything solid although I am pretty sure about this.....
Tx again...