Suspension Is your ride slammed to the ground? Did you lift it so high you need a ladder to get in? Step in and let's talk about it.

Race springs to Sport springs two thumbs up!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 10:50 PM
Default RE: Race springs to Sport springs two thumbs up!

Yup I'm shaving all the molding upper & lowers off the doors the drivers side has been done but I keep getting errors when posting pics. I'll figure it out soon and post a bunch of good pics.

Old 03-25-2007, 01:42 AM

I just posted some picks under the A4 forum if you're intrested in checking out my car.

Old 03-26-2007, 08:27 PM
2nd Gear

Hows the ride quality, on bumps or potholes,does the front suspension crash and jar your teeth?oron large bumps or undulations, doesthe back wallow and pitch and take several cycles to settle?
I am looking for a new suspension setup (mainly for looks) but want a nice ride without the problems stated above, and your setup (ride hight) is perfect for what i want.

Old 03-26-2007, 08:49 PM

ORIGINAL: TeeterTawter

Hows the ride quality, on bumps or potholes,does the front suspension crash and jar your teeth?oron large bumps or undulations, doesthe back wallow and pitch and take several cycles to settle?
I am looking for a new suspension setup (mainly for looks) but want a nice ride without the problems stated above, and your setup (ride hight) is perfect for what i want.
Well I miss the pot holes most of the time but I have hit a couple and it was nothing close to the reactoin I got from the race springs.It isn't bad at all the ride is very comfortable and still very good handling with a small little sway on high speed corners I love it. I still have a good feel driving the car still very tight I cringe every time I aproach a bump than milk the car right over it with releif that I changed to the sports.Like I said awhile ago I've owned a lot of low rides and loved the slammed look but I've finaly smarted up and set this one up perfect in my eyes.I'm not a huge road racer just like to screw around with my buddy's when I can other than that I drive this car every day so I need it to be comfortable. I'm not the only one riding in it and I don't get any complants from my wife anymore about the ride so it must be good!

Old 03-26-2007, 09:00 PM
2nd Gear

awesome, your post here sold me on the suspension package i want.
thanks.

Old 03-27-2007, 05:55 PM

Heh guys. Great info. New to the forum, so hopefully I'm not being to repetitive. I just got my new A4 2.0t yesterday and have a few questions. It does not have the sport suspension. I would like to lower a little and put new wheels. I was hoping to do 19" wheels with about 1" lowering. Which springs would you suggest for everyday driving. Don't want too much like a racing spring; more like 30% stiffer and more importantly the lowering. But, what is the standard offset and is 19x8 about right for the wheel? All comments appreciated.

Old 03-27-2007, 10:44 PM

You should do some research and look around I find many people hear seem to be parshal to race springs witch is fine if you want to race your car around .If your looking for nice looks comfort and improved handling go with the sport springs.I have a B5 2000 you have a B6/B7??? 2007 ??? which I don't really know whats your best option for suspension but the H&R seem to be the most comfortable because they sit alittle higher in the rear (for my car anyways). Checkout www.awetuning.com / www.perums.com / www.esctuning.com to see whats out there post back with what you found out.You'll need new performance struts and an alignment after so your looking at about $1000.00 bucks to get setup.19x8 should fit good under your car also look in to it.

Old 03-27-2007, 10:56 PM

Thanks for the heads up. I have a A4 '07. I've narrowed it down to the sport springs, but am worried about wheels and fitting. Overall, I'm more in to comfort and looks since the stock setting is so high (non sport suspension).