VAG-COM (*New* section) Need some help with a VAG-COM? Have some good advice to offer others using a VAG-COM?

B7 Vagcom Mods

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 02:15 PM
Default B7 Vagcom Mods

Ive been looking around and can't find a good post specific to the b7's, what ive gathered so far is:

http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/audiB6.html
-remote control windows up & down
-Automatic door locks at 10 mph and unlock when key taken out

https://www.audiforums.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=145737
-Turn the Aux feature on the stock radio

But what are some other things we can change and add with Vagcom?
Ive heard about turning off seatbelt chimes but havent seen a post on it.

Old 02-26-2010, 04:26 PM
2nd Gear

They are all pretty much the same. Go to the MKV forums for GTI's. You can do a whole lot more. Turning off Tire pressure sensors if you decide not to run them, GTI guys can get a Euro light switch that activates more fog light and heat light controls. Go see all the stuff they can do as im sure tons will carry over.

Old 02-26-2010, 04:26 PM
2nd Gear

There are some others on this forum and other forums that that I have seen. One was to turn on the tilt feature for the right hand mirror when shifting into reverse, it only comes in some of the expensive packages. Another was to turn on the memory seats and program them to the remotes, if you don't have the memory buttons. I think you have to have the MMI screen on the dash for that though. I can't remember what any of the others were. Once I do, I will reply agian.

Old 02-26-2010, 07:21 PM

thats another thing how would i know if my mirrors are part of that package? i bought it CPO and I keep finding new features that i didnt know i had

Old 02-27-2010, 03:54 AM
1st Gear

you can also turn off the seat belt chime.

Old 02-27-2010, 07:32 PM
2nd Gear

Sick Willie, I cant remember for sure about the A4, but if the packages are similar to the Jetta GLX I had, you have to have the memory seats to have the tilt mirror feature included. Otherwise, you have to get into the VAGCOM to turn it on.

Old 02-28-2010, 12:03 PM

I don't have the memory seats but I do have the option to turn my mirrors in electronically, so will I be able to set it in vagcom to auto tilt In reverse? How about auto fold when car is turned off?

Old 02-28-2010, 12:30 PM
2nd Gear

Don't know about the auto fold, but the tilting right hand mirror should be doable. Do a search of this forum, I think the procedure was coved back in the fall. It might also be on some of the other Audi forums. You change a value to 44 or 55 depending on what car you have, that is all I can remember. One of the companies that sells the VAGCOM cable and software, has an outline of the Audi software layout, as well a list of things people have modified on their company website. I can't remember the name of the company. I just figured $350 for the cable and software, was a bit much when the only thing I wanted to modify was the tilt mirror.

Old 02-28-2010, 04:58 PM
1st Gear

I'm looking for a Vag-Com cable and I found this one on ebay but its says its not compatible with the a4 b7 model.
I don't know if this is true or not but I want to find the cable that works with my b7 so i can start making all the changes people have been talking about.
Let me know what I need for this.

Thanks!

Old 03-01-2010, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by B7Night
Don't know about the auto fold, but the tilting right hand mirror should be doable. Do a search of this forum, I think the procedure was coved back in the fall. It might also be on some of the other Audi forums. You change a value to 44 or 55 depending on what car you have, that is all I can remember. One of the companies that sells the VAGCOM cable and software, has an outline of the Audi software layout, as well a list of things people have modified on their company website. I can't remember the name of the company. I just figured $350 for the cable and software, was a bit much when the only thing I wanted to modify was the tilt mirror.
I tried a search and came up empty on this... anyone have anymore info on the tilting mirror in reverse?

Quick Reply: B7 Vagcom Mods