VAG-COM (*New* section) Need some help with a VAG-COM? Have some good advice to offer others using a VAG-COM?

Contolling windows via key/keylock...VAGCOM Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 04:42 PM
1st Gear
Question Contolling windows via key/keylock...VAGCOM Help

I have a '03 a4 3.0l and just upgraded from a '00 jetta GLS...my jetta allowed me to use my key in the door to turn the windows up or down. I was having a hard time believing that the newer & overall better a4 doesn't have this feature. i did however run accross a post stating it was possible to change this via VAGCOM. Anyone done this before and exactly what would i need to do to get this done? not a killer prob, and i have an issue with my emissions I'm seeking assistance with but it would be cool to add this to the list of "cool" things carried forward in my upgrade.

P.S. while on the topic, I see a lot of posts covering VAGCOM devices/cables and if anyone knows of a good one to invest in (keeping in mind i just forked up mhad cash buying my a4 and am currently regathering resources) so i can get one seeing it seems to be a absolute must have.

Thanks to any who reply, good day.

Old 05-18-2013, 10:58 PM
1st Gear

That should be coded from the factory like that, it's strange it's not. I have seen that listed in the central convenience module regardless. A neater way is just to program it so you can do it with your keyfob. Hold the lock button, they all go up. Hold unlock, they all go down.

While you're in there you can make it so your doors lock at a specific speed and get rid of that seatbelt chime.

Old 05-19-2013, 09:06 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by toitle
That should be coded from the factory like that, it's strange it's not. I have seen that listed in the central convenience module regardless. A neater way is just to program it so you can do it with your keyfob. Hold the lock button, they all go up. Hold unlock, they all go down.

While you're in there you can make it so your doors lock at a specific speed and get rid of that seatbelt chime.
Thank you for the reply, first the module you speak of...where may i locate it or the listed codes? Second question is the word "Keyfob"...kind of a noob at this programming of functions. Honestly i am looking for a bit of quick guidance to where i should be so i can study before attempting...Safety First and all that.