VAG-COM (*New* section) Need some help with a VAG-COM? Have some good advice to offer others using a VAG-COM?

Vagcom cable?

  #1  
Old 01-23-2012, 05:15 PM
1st Gear
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 203
Default Vagcom cable?

I want to download the vcds-lite to do a few some simple things to my 2001 a4 1.8t. What is the cheapest cable to get that is compatible? Will this work - Amazon.com: OBD2 OBD II Diagnostic USB Cable For KKL409.1 VAG-COM 409: Camera & Photo
 
  #2  
Old 01-23-2012, 06:09 PM
cnigro1279's Avatar
1st Gear
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Nottingham, NH
Posts: 219
Default Works for me..

Originally Posted by pbrules10 View Post
I want to download the vcds-lite to do a few some simple things to my 2001 a4 1.8t. What is the cheapest cable to get that is compatible? Will this work - Amazon.com: OBD2 OBD II Diagnostic USB Cable For KKL409.1 VAG-COM 409: Camera & Photo
That is the exact same cable I ordered but I found it on Ebay. Works flawlessly for me on my 96. The drivers on the disc worked fine on winxp, although not sure about later OS's.
 
  #3  
Old 01-24-2012, 10:16 AM
1st Gear
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 134
Default

Looking at these for some time for my B5 S4. Where are you downloading software from out of curiousity.
 
  #4  
Old 01-24-2012, 12:32 PM
cnigro1279's Avatar
1st Gear
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Nottingham, NH
Posts: 219
Default download

Originally Posted by careercadaver View Post
Looking at these for some time for my B5 S4. Where are you downloading software from out of curiousity.
You can go right to the Ross Tech website and VCDS lite is available for free. It has some limitations as to what you can do but is very usable.
 
  #5  
Old 01-27-2012, 01:25 PM
1st Gear
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3
Default

I have ross-tech HEX-USB+CAN interface for sale for $150 including mailing.
 
  #6  
Old 01-27-2012, 02:02 PM
billymac122's Avatar
1st Gear
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 99
Default

i also bought the same exact cable, but the software off the disc (VAG-COM 409.1) would not work. i just downloaded the lastest version from the rosstech website and it worked mint.
 
  #7  
Old 01-30-2012, 02:41 PM
1st Gear
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 134
Default

Is the softward Mac friendly?
 
  #8  
Old 01-30-2012, 10:21 PM
1st Gear
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 111
Default

Originally Posted by careercadaver View Post
Is the softward Mac friendly?
no, but you can use something like Crossover, VMWare or Parallels
 
  #9  
Old 01-31-2012, 05:59 PM
1st Gear
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Corvallis, Oregon
Posts: 22
Default

Originally Posted by billymac122 View Post
i also bought the same exact cable, but the software off the disc (VAG-COM 409.1) would not work. i just downloaded the lastest version from the rosstech website and it worked mint.
I have the same cable... it wasnt working too well with the disc software either. Ive updated to vcds-lite and ill try it again tonight.

I'm trying to use it with windows 7... it installed drivers on its own, should i update to the drivers on the disc?
 
  #10  
Old 02-01-2012, 10:13 AM
1st Gear
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 134
Default

Originally Posted by Lornnn View Post
no, but you can use something like Crossover, VMWare or Parallels
They mentioned BootCamp, which I'm not familiar with. Either way they mentioned with a parallel that if it doesn't work that you shouldn't expect help on their end. Actually after reading their FAQ Ross-Tech does not sound very helpful at all...
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Vagcom cable?


Advertising
Featured Sponsors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.