Wheels and Tires Post up threads with questions about wheels and tires for your Audi here

Brand of tyre for sports A4

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 01:18 PM
1st Gear
Default Brand of tyre for sports A4

hi guys

am new here but am excitedly waiting on the start of next year, have bought a new Audi A4 2.0TDI 143 bhp MultiTronic Sport and am fitting it out with reiger body kit, this is the exact one and the same alloys

the alloys just arrived in the post today here

ive been given a list of tyre models and makes, but im clueless about tyres (and cars in general im ashamed to admit)
can ye guys recommend the best option from this list

The following are prices for 255 35 19 96Y

Bridgestone RE050A 270

Hankook Ventus 265

Pirelli PZero Rosso 300

Dunlop SP Maxx 275

Goodyear Eagle F1 250

Michelin Pilot Sport 2 300

The prices included are for tyre to be fitted balanced and new valve.

All prices are in Euros

thanks guys for any feedback you can give

Old 12-15-2010, 04:17 AM
1st Gear

for anyone interested found this review which basically covers them all

Old 12-15-2010, 05:49 AM
1st Gear

the supplier in the Audi dealer ship is given me a tradeoff on the supllied tyres and alloys (18" standard alloy on sportsline, which is pretty nice) but only for EUR750 ( i persumed by the tone of his email this is for all 4)

my alloys are $700 each and EUR300 each so can i assume he means he will pay me for 750 each per tyre or am i still living in rip off ireland!!

any help guys please

Old 01-13-2011, 04:35 PM

The best tire of the bunch for all around performance, comfort, and noise will be the Michelin Pilot Sport PS2. Incredible grip - I tried my best to break this one loose on a track and could barely do it!

For the Goodyear, are you referring to the F1 Asymmetric or the F1 All season? The All-Season has the tendency to become extremely noisy while the Asymmetric is a very good performer. The Dunlop is very good as well and has similar characteristics to the Goodyear.
The Pirelli I would not pick for price over performance.
The Hankook I would if it's the V12 Evo. Usually this is one of the best price options for some above average performance.
The Bridgestone is one of my favorites due to the ease of use. It is a very forgiving tire and extremely easy to control.

Old 01-14-2011, 04:23 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Miles@TireRack.com
The best tire of the bunch for all around performance, comfort, and noise will be the Michelin Pilot Sport PS2. Incredible grip - I tried my best to break this one loose on a track and could barely do it!

For the Goodyear, are you referring to the F1 Asymmetric or the F1 All season? The All-Season has the tendency to become extremely noisy while the Asymmetric is a very good performer. The Dunlop is very good as well and has similar characteristics to the Goodyear.
The Pirelli I would not pick for price over performance.
The Hankook I would if it's the V12 Evo. Usually this is one of the best price options for some above average performance.
The Bridgestone is one of my favorites due to the ease of use. It is a very forgiving tire and extremely easy to control.
Ha thanks mate for the reply but i had went with the Pirelli and have recently (yesterday) posted this thread but thanks for the reply , no one had shouted in so i went with some advice others had gave me (in regards the tyres)

Old 01-17-2011, 10:04 AM

The Audi looks great! And the Pirellis are by no means a bad choice, just a bit on the higher end in price. Well done and let me know if you ever need a recommendation again.