Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi a6 c5 2.5 tdi 132kw ake no start

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2024, 06:26 AM
1st Gear
Default Audi a6 c5 2.5 tdi 132kw ake no start

Hello, car is audi a6 c5 2.5tdi AKE 2000 year automatic (front wheel drive)
Last time the car started with -17 degrees celsisus weather, started right up, ran for like 5 seconds then stalled and wont start anymore.
So Far i have checked the high pressure pump belt, tank fuel pump fuse, the clear fuel line from filter to high pressure pump (no bubbles) all that seems fine.
I opened the tank lid from the trunk, fuel pump runs fine when i gave it direct +12v, however the pump wires did not get any signal when i turned the ignition. Is that normal, does it only get power for few seconds after ignition switched on or does it only get power when cranking the engine?
Engine turns over just fine but does not start. I have done my research and to my understanding is that the pump only swirls around the fuel or is suppose to fill some "bucket" in the tank, from which the high pressure pump should suck the fuel itself. I opened the fuel supply line from the filter and nothing comes out with ignition on or even when cranking. I have vcds lite program that only showed some engine mount fault and thats it. I dont have access to a proper diagnostic software at the moment. Regarding the fuel pump, could it may be a relay problem?
I know that these engines are known for their high pressure pump failure but i just want to make sure i have checked all the other possibilites before going to assume the pump has failed.

Also a few weeks back my key fob stopped unlocking/locking the doors from the remote (operates from the door lock manually only). Im sure its just a battery because when i turn ignition on the car and key symbol goes out so i assume its not a immobiliser problem? not sure if these symptoms occur with immobiliser problems.

Any kind of help is more then appreciated, i actually was planning to sell the car in a few months so i wanna make sure i dont change or do anything, thats not the problem. Trying not to miss any possiblites for this kind of fault before going to the high press pump.

thanks to all the answers and help in advance, sincerely appreciate it.

Old 05-05-2024, 09:01 AM
1st Gear
Default same problem in oz

G/day.
Just wondered how you got on with this repairs ai have the same problem in oz
I have cranes start. but won't run longer than 2 seconds.
immediately fires up every time without fail , cuts out with the immobiliser and code reading confirms this.
I have no lights on the dash so idk presuming my key to cluster and eco is ok..
However I suspect my high pressure pump is at fault ..
Strangely I've had a couple of incidences where it has taken a little longer to crank and start but has Never failed before .

Just wondered had you had any luck
Regard Huw