Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

My A3 Nightmare

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 12:48 AM
1st Gear
Default My A3 Nightmare

So i picked up my 06 A3 2.0t about two weeks ago, i was quiet excited to take it out and get used to my new A3, the first day was amazing loved the car, but after that day it all went down hill, the next day i went out for a short trip on the highway i noticed that my check engine light came on, odd concerning i bought this car from an audi dealer and they inspected it and gave it a clean bill of health. Also with only 33k i was kinda surprised, so i pull over and popped the hood, i noticed that the oil cap wasn't tightened, so i locked it and the light went away, i didn't worry about it for about 2 days, when i was pushing the car a bit the light came on again, but after a very short while it went away, this happened for about a week till finally the light was on solid, so i took the car in expecting maybe a damaged mass airflow sensor or something. To my shock i find out that i had two different fault codes one was the cam shaft which was damaged and needed replacing because the fuel pump lobe broke and it and also wreaked the fuel pump which had to be changed, the second warning was for the intake flap motor, which was a known factory defect in the 06's apparently. turns out both problems were due to factory defects which they knew about, but they were not sure my car had which ended up causing more damage. So for 3 days they had my car apart replacing parts while they rented me an impala to drive around, which compared to my A3 is like driving a coffin with wheels. Anyways the service people at my dealer were really great about it they picked up the cost, and agreed to throw in free winter tires which was nice. Though i was still quiet pissed off at the situation. Sorry for the long story just wanted to let you guys know my first 2 weeks with my car, although now she is running great and has a bunch of new parts in her lol...

Old 10-24-2008, 11:28 AM
1st Gear

Sorry to hear your first experience was bad but all things considered it is probably good the issues came out quickly and are now addressed. And of course the dealer stepped up to take care of you although the Impala is brutal for sure. The free winter tires is pretty cool. Which tires did they give you out of curiosity? I just got wheel tire package from Tire rack and can't wait to try them out in the snow. I got the new Dunlop Winter Sport 3Ds.

Old 10-24-2008, 06:43 PM
1st Gear

well they haven't actually told me which tires i will get and i do not have them yet, the deal was they would provide them when i needed them but i had to buy rims for them, i was thinking i would by those 18" star audi wheels (i don't really like aftermarket rims) and put the snow tires on my 17"s

Old 10-28-2008, 06:20 PM
1st Gear

I bought my 06 A3 brand new three years ago and just had the EXACT same problems at 56k. This is a common problem on the first run 06 A3s. Fortunately the dealer stepped up and took care of it at no cost to me. My 50K factory had just ran out, so they really didn't have to step up. They did and I never even asked them to. I am now at 70k and have not had any other problems except for to have a boot replaced on front right. Luckily my dealer gave me a brand new A4 convert to drive for the week they had my car.

Old 10-29-2008, 12:32 AM
1st Gear

DAMN!! all you in the St. Louis area who ever Grammar's dealer is thats the place to buy!!!