Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

one-touch rear window

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 11:42 PM
Default one-touch rear window

I want my rear windows to be one touch going up.

I followed this guide: http://forums.audiworld.com/a4/msgs/1271980.phtml

I couldn't figure out how to remove that piece (in the picture) from the motor ... Do i remove the motor itself (by the 3 screws)? If so.. what is that really tense wire connected to it.. I'm worried my window will just drop down and who knows what if I remove the motor.

So I kept the motor on and tried just making a figure 8 with the copper wire and slipping it on w/ a needle nose.....needless to say, after countless tries, i dropped the tiny figure 8 wire and gave up.

How can I remove the fixture with the pints so I can do this better?

Oh yeah, and do I need to d/c my battery for this kind of job?

Thanks

Old 01-16-2006, 01:14 PM
Default RE: one-touch rear window

dude ive thought of doin this myself and am in the car bizness but decided to forget it...u need a module that attaches to the motor for eeach window..u also need a wire going from the main driver window switch to each window to control the module and u need to repin the connectors not a very easy task with out the proper tools

Old 01-16-2006, 01:39 PM

according to this: http://forums.audiworld.com/a4/msgs/1271980.phtml

it's easy! and i've read of people who have successfully done it this way...

Old 01-17-2006, 07:43 PM

bump

Old 01-18-2006, 12:17 PM
2nd Gear

I dont know either, but if you find out how to make it work, let me know!

Old 01-18-2006, 01:12 PM
1st Gear

i read the topic you linked to, and then read some of the replies. This one might answer your question...

I was planning to do the one-touch rear windows on the weekend (using the technique in the Tech section), but as soon as i read this, i knew i couldn't wait!

This was my first time removing the door panels on ANY car, so needless to say that I'm a beginner. After I got the 3 screws off, I had some problems removing the little cover behind the handle - it takes some force getting the sucker off! I basically had to pull hard from the bottom. After removing that piece, I simply unscrewed the last screw.

Next was the door panel. I simply pulled from the top and it came off! Next was unplugging the wires... it was kinda difficult and on tight so i simply didn't even bother! I just let the door panel hang without removing the wires.

After that was removing the motor. I unscrewed the 3 screws and it came off, but it was still connected to a wiring harness. The wiring harness was easy to remove (one of those clip-on types). As soon as you remove the wiring harness, you have access to the pins! That's it!

Total time was about 1 hour....

This guy seemed to have pulled it off having never before removed a door panel. I would guess that to keep the wire from falling off like you said, you could put a tiny dab of hot glue on top of the wire, at the base of the pin. This would keep it held in place long enough for you to clip the coupling back together. i cant imagine that it would harm anything after that. if you were worried about it harming the connection, you could use some form of dielectric grease. something just viscous enough to not move.

Oh, and by the way, hey everybody! im new here!

hooray for audi!

Cory

Old 01-18-2006, 07:10 PM

Yea, I read this reply already... I couldn't find this "wiring harness" that is talked about.

I thought someone on this forum would have done this already.