Audi Q7 The Audi Q7, beauty on and off the streets. Refined styling paired with power and advanced technology.

Sitting and Thinking

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2016, 12:33 AM
1st Gear
Default Sitting and Thinking

Hi guys and gals.

Thinking of moving from a Touareg TDI to a Q7 TDI. One would assume that they would be quite similar with the big exception of the third row. If I could have some feedback on highs and lows and what to look for in a used Q7 that I should look out for.

I alos understand it is the same VAG but it is kind of like comparing a Toyota to a Lexus for a poor analogy. Appreciate the feedback.

Doug

Old 12-02-2016, 08:16 AM
1st Gear

Not sure if this will help, but have owned a Toureg (non TDI) and really liked it. Now have a Q7 (non TDI) and really like it, minus an issue with drive shafts. That said, don't think you could go wrong. Bottom line though is go test drive one, if you have not, and make your decision.

Cheers
Mike

Old 12-03-2016, 12:40 PM
1st Gear

Thanks for the feedback. I will take a ride in one and hopefully a TDI. I may stay with a Touareg, in any event, but while this dieselgate plays out I might as well look at the field. Having a third row is a bonus for my wife. The Touareg is one of more capable SUV's on the road and the Q7 is just a Touareg with some extras, or so I would believe. Sometimes it is good to have choices.

Interesting that you mention drive shafts. Never had a driveshaft issue with either of my Touaregs but have seen multiple posts about other owners having problems with them.

Thanks again for the feedback

Old 12-04-2016, 10:15 AM
1st Gear

I'll have to search the forum more, it appears the front and rear drive shaft are going. Does not seem common...trying to work with the dealer to make it right.

Enjoy....