92 100 CS Quattro Wagon won't start? Relay problems?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 04:26 AM
Default 92 100 CS Quattro Wagon won't start? Relay problems?

This is our first Audi! We love it and are excited to now be Audi owners. We've only had this car for four days and are seeing a few problems that we would love to figure out and fix....

First, a little background on the car, we bought the car on ebay (yes - crazy - stupid?) only 91k miles, beautiful inside and out, automatic, shifts smoothly, lots of power. We had it shipped from Houston to Colorado.

1. We've had two instances where the car won't start; once was the second day after we had ran errands (ie: spent the afternoon turning it on and off). Once we had it home, it turns over but only fires for a half a second then dies. Same thing happened again today. Both in the evening. The first time it happened we were able start it the next morning.

2. Leaking power steering fluid like crazy...? Any suggestions?

3. The relay box under the driver side dash makes A LOT of relay clicking noises, mostly after we shut off the car, up to 10 minutes? It will stop when you turn the key in the ignition and when the engine is running.

4. The driver side window sticks. Not a big deal right now, as it is very cold in Colorado...but will be nice when the summer comes around. Service record shows that the window regulator for the driver side was replaced a couple of years ago.

5. Door locks are slow....sometimes the drive rside lock won't work with the button, but it works great with the key.

Thanks! Any help would be awesome!

Old 12-04-2005, 10:39 PM
Default RE: 92 100 CS Quattro Wagon won't start? Relay problems?

No, really.....we need help! It won't start at all now...Battery is dead, will not fire at all! Help!

Old 12-06-2005, 12:34 AM
2nd Gear

e-Bay, I heard that the "e" stands for expensive.

There are know problem with the ignition switch itself perhaps that is what is killing you battery and giving you starting problems.

You should be able to run a self diagnostic and read some fault codes off of the ECU. But I can't help you in this department I only know how to do it on pre 92 models.

Old 12-06-2005, 02:00 PM

Thanks for the info....Nope, not expensive at all. Car is in the shop now - we gave up. So it might become expensive....Thanks!

Old 12-06-2005, 11:19 PM

steering fluid is expensive, I do nothing about it, I just put a syntetic blend transmision oil into it, and it works and no problems, but it still leaking. but I do not have hydralick brake asist.

I believe you need to attend to your fuse box, it could be the broblem of not starting, a broken wire, bad connection, etc...

maybe, for doors you have probably have also bad connection somewhere.

Old 12-14-2005, 06:30 PM

Thanks for your help everyone! The culprit turned out to be the fuel pump - replaced - starts great! The relay clicking noise is associated with the windows. As for the powersteering leak, we added some Lucas stop leak stuff for now. Will try the synthetic transmission stuff for future top-offs. Thanks again - Glad I found this forum!