audi 1995 immobilizer ???

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 01:23 AM
1st Gear
Default audi 1995 immobilizer ???

Hi,

Just got audi 80 1995 2.6 ...

I have central locking and lot of extras but I can't work out does this model come with built in
immobilizer ???? I was told it does but doesn't come with key controlled immobilizer but rather
built in one which is triggered with the ignition key! Can this be true , does anyone know?

Also my brake and gas pedals are very tuff , high up is that normal for audi with ABS?

Finally how hard is it to replace CD players in these cars as they seem to be non standard size
sort of bigger than most on the market ... this one is crappy looking one but it is connected
to CD stacker in the boot not sure if I could replace it and still reuse the stacker in the back ...

thanks heaps ...

Old 09-06-2006, 08:02 PM
Default RE: audi 1995 immobilizer ???

okey lets start.
pedals are not really stiff, check that your brake booster works and see if the gas cable is somewheer over tightened.

yes, the central system it has the starter cut off, if you use like a screw driver to try to start the car, it wont.

CD player is not hard, its standart DIN size. How ever all the wires need to be identified right. You use voltmiter to find plus and minus and ignition. then Resitance to find the speakers, smaller resistence wires are the front speakers, also they fed from top of the dash inside. also there are some markings you can go by.

Most likely, you wont beable to use the CD changer in the trunk, however some systems suport that. Also you usually change the radio if its not working. So ask your self, do you have to do it?

Old 09-08-2006, 01:51 AM
1st Gear

Thanks for the reply much appreciated

I got few more questions ...

First I have a light flashing on my dashboard (!) sort of like that circle with brackets and exclamation mark.
Any ideas what does that mean as it seems to go on or off from time to time, anything important???

Also what does the "Sports" mode button on the gear bit do ? Is it like economy type thing or ?

And finally how do you use the cruise control I tried pressing few things but never managed to get it to work.

Thanks again.

Old 09-08-2006, 01:22 PM

The sport button changes the shift points on the tranny, tranny shifts way later, giving better performence. While sacraficing economy.

The (!) is bad, chech the brake fluid level.

Cruise control, just turn it on like pulling it, then press the button and done I think. My Cruise control is basted for some reason, doesnt work.
do you have the manual? if not I recoment geting it, just for the sake that you would have one.

Old 09-08-2006, 11:41 PM
1st Gear

Hey thanks man

I went to check the brake fluid but its darn hard to see anything as its well packed in not sure what the level is
I could only see use DOT 4 type fluid or something , rest was metal so I couldn't see much ... I'll get it checked somehow...

oh I forgot to ask what type of engine oil is best for these cars ,its good to know.
I'll try to dig up the manual somewhere ...

Once again thanks heaps...

Old 09-09-2006, 12:14 AM

I use Mobil 1 0W-40 and Mobil Filter (check my website and the arcticle at the bottom of the direction page)

it should be at the level where the top and bottom halfs of the reservuar meet. (the breake fluid)

Old 10-02-2006, 01:15 AM
1st Gear

umm had a bit of bad luck coolant light flashing !!!.. my water pump died ...bang... cost me fair bit to get it fixed ...

anyway I've been looking around to get the keyless entry installed , man they charge way too much + they all seem to install really crappy cheap brands... I managed to find few decent ones on ebay but I am not sure how hard would be to install one of these since I have no idea where the cables go ... do you maybe know ? is it too much work , as I am not familiar with the audi that much ?

I guess one of the annoying things about this model is that I don't seem to be able to shut the air flow from outside... apart from manually closing off each unit which I can't do when I am driving anyway ...
even when the fan is turned off smell from outside comes in ... I found the air flow control that has only 3 steps really weird compared to most cars where u can choose if u want internal recycled air flow or external etc.

Apart from that no more flashing lights ... man how good is that lol