Running problem today

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 05:56 PM
Default Running problem today

Today on the way home the car out of nowhere started not getting gas maybe? It has sat for a little over a year but now I'm driving it till spring till motorcycle seasonBefore I parked it I replaced the fuel filter/plugs/wires. Here is what it's doing,starting just fine,then to get gas or movement you basically have to floor it to get a reaction.I guess I should be replacing the plugs/wires/filter againbut they all are still in new condition. Today I found a vacuum line came off but it had no affect to that.The car has run fine for the 2 weeks I have been driving it and has had a full premium tank of gas run thorugh it and no issues? Any help or thoughts?
89'Audi 80 2.0/5spd.
Name:  Audi1b.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  28.1 KB

Old 01-28-2008, 06:08 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Running problem today

I am a newbie and may be way off base here.....but it sounds way too familular!!

My car did that....and I wasn't able to figure out the problem until my car started mis-firing on the 1st cylindar. Finally the Flashing engine light came on and I was able to get a mis-fire code. At that point there was something very apparently wrong....I took it to the shop and as it turned out it was the ignition coils.... I had to replace all 4 cause it was randomly mis-firing on all 4.....maybe it's your ignition coils??? It definately fixed the original problem which started out just like yours. I kept driving it until the real problem surfaced and it cost me $500 for all 4 coils & new plugs......UGH

Old 01-28-2008, 06:39 PM

thanks for the heads up,I'll have to look in to that. It does start just fine and,it's when you hit the gas pedal,basically nothing ntil floored and hesitation and then vroom then noting for a second,it won't die out,maybe it's me not letting it. Any more thoughts from anyone,going back in to it in the morning.[8D]

Old 01-28-2008, 06:45 PM
1st Gear

Mine did it when acceleration after turn, stop signs, and crap like that! It never died out but I acted like it wanted to on several occassions, and then other times it was fine.....
Maybe you are getting mis-fires on the cylindars with the exception of the first one.....

Oh and this may sound weird but after that whole fiasco...My car has more power now and has never driven better! Drive like a totally different car!!

Good Luck!!!