Allroad Model Line Audi's take on the modern "Crossover" of a sport utility vehicle and a station wagon

03 Allroad "dynamic headlight dimmer control not functioning"

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 11:43 PM
1st Gear
Exclamation 03 Allroad "dynamic headlight dimmer control not functioning"

Hello Audi Forums,
Have A question I am sure has been asked before. I have a 2003 Audi Allroad I have been working on for the last year. and just last night the "dynamic headlight dimmer control not functioning" light popped on in the dash . I have read its more or less a sensor. I'm assuming even though thats pretty dumb its the headlight being one of my headlight has tons of water in it. I see allot of rad aftermarket headlights for A6's and was wondering if these would work in my allroad ? Im so sick of the orange in the side markers of the headlights. And can not find anything online for allroads. Any push in the right directions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks !

Old 03-08-2010, 09:44 PM
1st Gear

From what I've read, it's not easy to improve on the allroad headlights; A6 owners sometimes switch to allroad lights and say they're better. "Better" meaning that they do a better job of lighting up the road. Some of the angel-eyes lights look cooler, for sure.

I saw a writeup somewhere that showed how to drill a small hole in the black plastic of the headlight, reach in with a screwdriver, and break out the amber reflector so the lights are all-white. Of course I can't find it now, but it was pretty simple. Drill a hole, poke out the reflector, plug the hole.

Old 04-01-2010, 06:31 PM
1st Gear

Thanks fjasper, ya my drivers head light just had a leak. Im just gonna hit the junk yards and try and put a used one in. Sorry for the super late reply been a little crazy. I really need to play around with this site being I'm pretty new to the forums. Thanks again for the info.