Allroad Model Line Audi's take on the modern "Crossover" of a sport utility vehicle and a station wagon

allroad - 3 indicator lights at same time

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 02:46 PM
Default allroad - 3 indicator lights at same time

I am seeing 3 issues that might or might not be related and, I wonder if others experienced similiar issues:
1. Occasionally, the car's right front (suspension) had lowered itself over night. It almost seems it happens more often when the temperature drops more than usual over night. I saw some posts about leaking airbags but I would expect them to leak constantly instead of occasionally...
2. Every once in a while(1 in 20 trips?), there is a hicup when I try to accelerate. It goes away once I briefly step off the pedal.
3. Every once in a while, three warning lights come on at the same time: the yellow one that indicates the suspension is in jack mode, the red ABS light and another one that I don't remember right now(sorry if I can't be more specific but it hasn't happened for a while).

Does anything of that sound familiar? I was told that it all might be related by air bubbles that come from a leaking air compressor...

Thank you for your help!

Old 10-21-2008, 08:37 PM
1st Gear

I had a leak at one of the modulators at the black box which feeds air to the springs. Change in temp really affected how quickly the wheel dropped. Generally, a big change in temp will cause all 4 of mine to drop a little over night and I'm thinking it's due to expansion and contraction of the air bag.
I had a similar issue with the ABS light and another indicater going off which turned out to be clogged sensors due to dirt and grime build up. I cleaned the under carriage and it went away.

Can you describe the "hiccup" a litte more? Is it a hiccup in the suspension or the acceleration?

Last edited by incrementalg; 10-21-2008 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Cause I can
Old 11-11-2008, 11:42 PM
1st Gear

I dont think the leaky bag has anything to do with the cold weather. The bag if it is a small leak will leak really bad on level 1, but if you put it in level 2 the leaking is almost non existent,same with level three. Spray soapy water on the bag and saturate it all around. As it goes from level 2 to level 1 feel all around the bag for leaks. you may need a new bag.

i dont know what year you have but i have an 02 and the compressor light came on when my bag started leaking really bad it was hard for the car to get to level 2 but once i got there it didnt leak, but put it in level 1 and somtimes the compressor just stopped running because it worked to hard, and the yellow light stayed on. I never had all three lights come on at the same time though?

was your car ever in an accident and the airbags deployed?

Old 11-12-2008, 12:03 AM
1st Gear

1)Air bags may be going bad
2)maybe coil pacs going bad
3)brake light switch

Old 11-12-2008, 08:54 AM

I just got the car back from the independent shop after it was there for more than 3 weeks. Ouch! According to them, they said the found the cause for the three indicator lights coming on to be a malfunction in the brake light switch as "MYD WGN" suggested in his post. I haven't driven the car long enough to determine if the issue is gone but so far so good.

Thanks for all the help. Highly appreciated!

Jens
2001 allroad